Paraglider

B

BigPixel

kualoa Beach Park, Oahu. These guys work hard to get up. Shot intentionally as B&W digital. Comments??

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BigPixel

Thanks Brah. I knew you'd see it.

Real Name
Chris
It's there Panos!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L

LupineGrace

Nice picture, but the horizon is crooked. I'm diggin the pose of the guy, though. Very cool. :)

B

BigPixel

in this situation a level horizon doesn't matter. Its a stronger image this way. Thanks for the comment.

B

BigPixel

btw, I edited the pic to remove an inecessary gear bag by the shadow. Think its much stronger now, the paraglider shape is better reinforced. Comments??

He looks like a visitor from a much smaller planet, not used to Earth's crushing gravity. He has an elaborate support system of two large balloons, and it always seems to him that he is walking uphill.

Impressive image. I like it. Lots of room to project into that body posture with strings. I'd like more contrast in the clouds, but I'm also using a crummy monitor at the moment, so it may be there but I can't see it.

B

BigPixel

Panos, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Like every photog in Hawaii, I shoot lots and lots of color but there are times you just want to go after elemental shape and contrast in a shot.

Beeze, great scenerio Brah!

David, thanks for the comments as well. There is quite a lot of contrast in the clouds actually. Maybe just a monitor thing.

Fred, glad you liked the 'conversion' but I was thinking and shooting intentional B&W this day. I believe you visualize differently when shooting B&W. I was shooting my 12-24DX with a polorizer. That combo creates pretty contrasty images that scream out B&W especially for cloud formations. I also had the S2 set up to preview in B&W and so never really looked at the color versions in the camera or converter.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom