Paraglider

Discussion in 'People' started by BigPixel, Apr 29, 2007.

1. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

kualoa Beach Park, Oahu. These guys work hard to get up. Shot intentionally as B&W digital. Comments??

paragliderBW2.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The barely vis strings are too cool Mike.

3. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Thanks Brah. I knew you'd see it.

4. Cool shot Mike, however, I'd love to see some Hawaiian blue sky and green grass :wink:

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's there Panos!

[​IMG]

6. Hehe... a little too spongee for my taste Chris, but I take it :biggrin:

7. LupineGrace

LupineGrace Guest

Nice picture, but the horizon is crooked. I'm diggin the pose of the guy, though. Very cool. :)

8. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

in this situation a level horizon doesn't matter. Its a stronger image this way. Thanks for the comment.

9. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

btw, I edited the pic to remove an inecessary gear bag by the shadow. Think its much stronger now, the paraglider shape is better reinforced. Comments??

10. He looks like a visitor from a much smaller planet, not used to Earth's crushing gravity. He has an elaborate support system of two large balloons, and it always seems to him that he is walking uphill.

11. Impressive image. I like it. Lots of room to project into that body posture with strings. I'd like more contrast in the clouds, but I'm also using a crummy monitor at the moment, so it may be there but I can't see it.

12. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Nice image Mike. I also like the sky - your conversion is awesome!

13. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Panos, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Like every photog in Hawaii, I shoot lots and lots of color but there are times you just want to go after elemental shape and contrast in a shot.

Beeze, great scenerio Brah!

David, thanks for the comments as well. There is quite a lot of contrast in the clouds actually. Maybe just a monitor thing.

Fred, glad you liked the 'conversion' but I was thinking and shooting intentional B&W this day. I believe you visualize differently when shooting B&W. I was shooting my 12-24DX with a polorizer. That combo creates pretty contrasty images that scream out B&W especially for cloud formations. I also had the S2 set up to preview in B&W and so never really looked at the color versions in the camera or converter.