Paris and London (old shots)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Ping279, Dec 14, 2005.

1. I actually took these this last summer just didn't post these exact pictures. If you're interested in seeing some more... http://www.pbase.com/ping279/d70_london_and_paris There's still many many pictures from my trip that I haven't edited so it's only a taste of the trip.

Ceiling inside the Pantheon, Paris

Side of the Houses of Parliament, London
    View attachment 20934

More of the Houses of Parliament
    View attachment 20935

Entrance to Notre Dame, Paris
    View attachment 20936

Even more Houses of Parliament
    View attachment 20937

View from the Eiffel Tower, Paris of course
    View attachment 20938

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nicely done Nathan! Is that 'euro-color' you've rendered them in? I like the look of the warm stone. My favorite picture of this bunch is the archway of Notre Dame. Great composition!

3. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Nathan,all of them are excellent light,composition etc.Id love to see the early or late sun on that stone.

4. Very nice rendering of these monuments, Nathan.

5. Nathan

Great set of images.

#1 - nice detail - not a lot of people take the time to look up - too busy looking at their feet.

#2 - could you do a tweak on the perspective correction just to align the pillars to the edge of the frame.

#3 - very peacful image - considering the traffic system around that patch of grass !

#4 - again great detail, and an unusual viewpoint. Most would stand 20 paces back - your image is much more dramatic.

#5 - Another nice one - would benefit from cloning out the yellow jacket ! Bloomin' Police :wink:

#6 - Only spoilt by the great big 'orrible black tower block.

6. Thanks for the comments, I do agree with you on #2. I actually did crop it already to make the pillars parallel with the edges of the frame but didn't do a good enough job of it. After I saw that I got too lazy and didn't want to re-crop it so I left it as is. It does kind of spoil the picture though doesn't it?

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nathan,
    Nice images. What a great experience for you.

Good to see you posting again.

Ya coming to Merritt III in Feb :>)))

Look foward to seeing you.

8. Boy, this one brings back memories of a past life. Nice shots and I have stood right there on the Eiffel Tower and walked through the archway at Notre Dame. Thanks for sharing these images.