1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Paris (Image heavy)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by swmlon, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Well, i am 5 days removed from my trip to paris and all i can say is i cant believed i waited 26 years to go there. it is an amazing city, i enjoyed my holiday and look forward to go there again so. here are some of my favourate shots from my (far too short) trip...

3770543676_389c1197b8_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 388714

View attachment 388715

View attachment 388716

View attachment 388717

View attachment 388718

View attachment 388719

View attachment 388720

View attachment 388721

View attachment 388722

2. bellasdad

bellasdad

Apr 25, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    Great set! Love the coolness of no. 5 and the symmetry of no. 10!

3. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    nice set Shing
    I can't believe you waited that long either :wink:

4. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Fantastic set! Love the B&W's!

5. Excellent set! Like all of them.

6. 3, 4, and 5 are great. I really like the use of a small subject, and expansive background.

7. Nice compositions Shing. What is #5?

8. The black and whites are spectacular! Nice photography!

9. thanks noel, I like number 5 but i can't take credit for the coolness, i messed up the WB and didnt really check it till i got home and it looked excellent to me.

thanks frank, and after waiting 26 i am going to be going again in beginning of Sept before my NY trip

thanks Steve, B&W rocks! :) 

thanks steve

thanks Jay, one of the perks with only having the 35 & 50mm lens with me. i think having other lens i would have missed so many of these shots.

Thanks Dez, the building in #5 is L'Institut du Monde Arabe, amazing building. I sat there for about 30 mins just staring at the windows.

thanks samuel, glad you like them

10. Wonderful series! Can't believe I will have waited 68 years to go next May. Your shots give me a lot of ideas.

11. The first 4 - esp #2- Excellent.

12. thanks rich, i am sure you will enjoy your time in Paris too. btw, how was your trip to the UK recently?

13. thanks Jeff

14. Great pictures!

15. As usual it was wonderful. I went full tilt post processing after I returned but have slowed down due to work and other projects. What I have done can be seen here.

16. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    Outstanding pictures, Shing! I'm convinced that a person could spend a lifetime in Paris constantly shooting pictures and see something new every day.

You're only, what, 3-4 hours away. You should be ashamed of yourself :smile:

Regards,
    John

17. Love your b&w's.

18. Thanks Alan.

Great photos Rich, glad youenjoyed your time on these shores.

I hang my head in shame. but yes, i think you are right on shooting in Paris.

glad you liked them Max

19. RWC32

RWC32

Nov 23, 2007
    Chicagoland Area
    I like the last image. Nice architectual captures. Not everone appreciates the lines one perspective.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.