Paris Protest

I found myself - quite by accident - in the middle of a Paris protest against gay marriage while there on business. The police had it blocked in on three sides. Estimates were between 340,000 and 1,000,000 though as an independent observer, I guess toward the latter.

After the vote was cast whereby the pro-civil-union coalition won, sporadic violence was reported.

I quite like these three images that captured the event long before it turned violent.

1)

Paris Protest by InTheMist_Docu, on Flickr

2)

Paris Protest Reporter by InTheMist_Docu, on Flickr

3)

Paris Protest Proud by InTheMist_Docu, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:

JPS

Nice serie, very sharp ! Did you shoot in B&W ?

....but -IMHO- not giving a clue (for people outside France) on the subject of this protest !

:wink:
J-P.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks JPS - and not only for not telling :wink:

They should be sharp! Actually D800 with a Sigma 35/1.4 converted in Lightroom. I just don't usually shoot street so I used a BW preset.

I think JPS means that the photos don't really show that gay marriage was the subject of the protest. Maybe a more prominent photo of the flag itself (do you have that) would complete the series. Or rather, a photo with someone holding a sign with something crossed out or something, because this was a negative (not for something, but against something) protest.

I like the post processing, but adding one more photo like that as a starter would complete it as a series.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't want to start a political debate, but I guess images are meant to do just that. The original text has been changed.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom