Parking fees. What does it cost where you live?

I shot this last month in "downtown" :rolleyes: Macon Georgia. When I saw it, I was immediately reminded of parking fee pics from NY and Chicago.

This price is for a parking garage, not a lot, but you can include them also if you wish.

I guess this is a good spot for my 7000th post.:smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

$19/day, at the airport.

I don't have to pay it. I could park in the employee lot, for free. But, then I would have to go to work 30 minutes earlier, so I could ride a bus from the employee lot to the terminal. And the same thing at the end of the day. After flying a long trip that gets home at midnight, the last thing I want to do is stand out on the curb, waiting for a bus to take me to the employee parking lot. So, I just pay the money and park up front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Seattle, there's more parking spaces than people. It usually runs somewhere in the area of $200 per month or so.

I can't imagine living in an area where I'd have to pay a regular fee to park. The only time I pay a fee is at a sporting venue, amusement park, or when I venture into the "big city". :biggrin:

IsamuM

Not-quite-
I pay 20,000 yen/month to park my car outside on gravel. About $240 or so.

Hourly parking in Tokyo ranges from 300 yen/hour (public parking meters) up to 1000 yen/hour depending on the neighborhood.

Around Dublin city centre street parking is around €2.40 per hour (about $3.20 I think) - near my office in the suburbs I pay €7.50 for the day

In Rotterdam we pay between 90 cent per 55 minutes to 3 Euro per 55 minutes. In most parking garages owned by the city ,your first 55 minutes are free.After that you pay 90 cent or up to 3 euro

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
When I lived in New York, I paid $340/month. Moved to St. Louis, and the fee dropped to $110/month for city garage parking. Now, for work, I pay $10/month for garage parking and my job subsidizes the rest.

The fee for event parking, however (ball games...concerts...etc.) vary. It could be anywhere from $5 to $25 or more, depending on how far you are from the venue...

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
In San Francisco, around Fisherman's Wharf, garage parking was $20 for the first half hour, and then something like $3 or so for every additional 15 minutes (or something just as crazy...)

Ha! ha! pft!

A tiny amount of money, come and try to park in London and you'll see what expensive is, oh and that's after you have paid for the privilege of driving into Central London's congestion charge zone... Quite why anybody would want to live/work/commute into central London is a mystery to me, been there done it, never again, hell on earth... phew feel better now, every time I mention London I go off track. I may have issues. :biggrin:

The only places I've had to pay to park around here are the airports and theme parks - and with my annual pass parking is free at the latter :)
Same here! The only time we pay for city parking is when we drive to Chicago, but even that is rare since we have a really good commuter rail line.

Closest thing I have to a parking fee is a Northwest Forest Pass for some State Parks and trail heads (Annual $35) and my annual National Park entrance pass ($80).

$35 per month? You folks ought to visit Manhattan. It costs more than that to park for the day! (average in Midtown is approx $40 as long as it is not overnight.) Monthly parking in Manhattan runs anywhere in the $750/month range.

By the way, the cost to park a car at the New Meadowland's stadium (Giants and Jets) is $90/game to get a one game space. The "official rate" is 250/season..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen $35/day in San Francisco. But I don't pay to park. My office has parking for us in downtown San Jose (small lot out back) and my home has a garage, two-car driveway, and street parking. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom