Parking Ticket

Love this, always new ways to tax us
Idling vehicles
Idling (leaving your vehicle engine running while stationary) creates air pollution and is usually unnecessary.

It is also an offence in law under the Section 42 of the Road Traffic Act 1988. We are using new powers as part of an experimental traffic order which came into effect from 1 November 2018 to fine motorists who pollute the borough by leaving their engines running. This is part of the council’s drive to help tackle poor air quality across the borough.

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/parking/parking-tickets-and-enforcement

If you did the deed, pay the price.
If you don't like the law, pleading YOUR case is not the way to change it.
Going to court wastes TONS of tax payer money.
Pay and forget all about it except not to do it again.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Mike's advice was the best by far. West lives in Canada not the US and I don't pretend to know how sympathetic their traffic courts are when you contest a ticket. I'd also probably also opt to pay the fine instead of joining a militia and buying guns as Hylander suggested (hopefully with tongue in cheek)!
Yes, tongue in cheek.

There is another option. One that a young guy here took yesterday. Letter to the editor in the local newspaper blasting the police for greed and not working in the public good. His crime: left his car for 6 hours in a 2-hour lot While he was at work in a fast food place.

While I do agree that focus should not be revenue generation, we the voting public, can influence where actual manpower is deployed.
Up to a point.
Authority is delegated and once elected, local officials have no obligation to make it a priority.
The most effective thing is to get involved in the policy framing, in a political party.
Especially in the UK where the PM is not elected by the voters but by the party members (I simplify).

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Did you photoshop it? Lots of information missing. The time, the officer number. Could be an invalid ticket?
Were you driving a bus - if so that would be a good argument.
Pay unless you can prove you are innocent.

(I disputed a huge fine when my car got towed away in London. I appealed and won my money back, thanks to photos I went out and took at the location at night with my Nikon camera...)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you photoshop it? Lots of information missing. The time, the officer number. Could be an invalid ticket?
Were you driving a bus - if so that would be a good argument.
Pay unless you can prove you are innocent.

(I disputed a huge fine when my car got towed away in London. I appealed and won my money back, thanks to photos I went out and took at the location at night with my Nikon camera...)
I edited out the car and other information out before posting it here.
The ticket comes with a link to a photo of my car, although it doesn't prove if it was moving or stationary.
From doing some research, the only way they would waive it, is if I had a third party witness saying that I slowly drove through the bus stop and kept going.
Anyway it's behind me now. Paid and forgotten ... until next time.
Let's hear the skinny on your episode.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom