(Partially) saving the (wedding) day: here comes the bride...

Discussion in 'People' started by vieri, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Last Saturday I went to a wedding as... the groom :biggrin:, so I was not exactly there to take pictures; after getting the bride from her make-up & dressing, we went to a lovely ottoman hall for a photo shooting which - unfortunately - didn't yeld any results so far (we are still waiting to see if the d..n guy will be able to salvage any images...:mad:). Despite the rather special situation for me, I couldn't help it but bringing the M8 along with a couple of lenses (75 lux, Zeiss 50mm f1.5) and managed to take some photos when the so called photographer wasn't busy with us or at least both of us. Luckily I did, so despite not having any picture together (for obvious reasons) we have, at least, some images of the bride. Which, in the eyes of most, is enough if not even better than having me in the pictures as well! :biggrin:

Well, enough talking, here they come:

- at the make-up:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- at the photo-shooting:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- the bride's cousin:
    [​IMG]

- the groom's best friend:
    [​IMG]

well, at least we have some memories of the day. All with the M8 and the 75 lux & Zeiss 50 mm Sonnar, all wide open except a couple @ f2 (not sure which though). C&C are, as always, very welcome.

2. Let me be the first to congratulate you. Awesome images.

3. Congratulations! Great shots! I love the first one!

4. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Though #1 is my favorite, #7 and 8 have something different, those eyes can't lie. :smile: Congrats!

5. 1) CONGRATS! 2) Beautiful shots! 3) You're one lucky fella my friend! ;-)

6. hangman

hangman

Aug 13, 2006
    Lone Star State
    Congratulations.. You have a beautiful and lovely bride :)

7. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Outstanding images! You have a VERY beautiful bride!

I feel your pain. On our wedding day the photog we hired, who was supposed to be quite good, had a major malfunction. He shot the wedding himself, no second, no back-up camera, and somewhere along the way one of his memory cards failed...severely...and he lost EVERY picture of the ceremony. Imagine my struggle trying to tell my wife that aside from posed shots and the reception there were no shots of the most important part of the day.

Needless to say, we got ALL rights to every image he took for us that wasn't ruined and we never finished paying the remainder of what we owed.

Sorry for the rant.

I wish you and your bride many MANY years of health and happiness and, of course, great moments to capture!

8. Very nice images and ones that the bride is sure to love.

9. Vieri,
    a Beautiful Bride. Wonderful composition.
    If you have the ability with PP at all,
    there's an old saying that goes "never wear anything whiter than your teeth"
    evident in #7. If you could tweak them a shade whiter I'm sure the Bride would appreciate it.
    JM2C of course.
    Great shots.

10. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations! What a beautiful bride!

11. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Best to the blessed, great shots and a very lovely Bride

12. Great images! Congratulations. Sorry about the hired photog.

13. Congratulations!

Sorry to hear about the hired photog issues - but glad to see you got some captures of your own! They're beautiful!

14. Thank you Sam! :biggrin: much appreciated indeed :smile:

Thanks Greg, I am glad you enjoyed :biggrin:

Thanks Walter, I surely hope so about the eyes :wink:

Hey Michael, 1-thank you! 2-thank you! 3-indeed I am, I know... I must have done something good at some point to deserve it :biggrin:

Thank you! WIll pass that on :biggrinL

Hey Don, same here - no problem for the rant, I am just trying to keep my cool and wait to see if he will salvage a few pics at least before letting my rage explode :biggrin: he also came alone, 1 cam, shoot jpg (!!), posing was so and so, pics came out severely overblown, exposure, colors & WB all over the place, framing was akward... but of course afew might be salvaged; what will very unlikely be salvaged is his fee of course, at least the whole of it he can forget about I am afraid... anyway, this is what happened, nothing to do now except enjoying what we have :biggrin:

Thank you Gordon! She was indeed pleased with them :biggrin:

hey Jim, thank you very much - indeed you are right, I will fix it asap; how did I miss it - maybe is because I did this real quick to try and help her getting over the disappointment of the "official" pictures :wink: Thanks again!

Thank you Paul! :biggrin: will pass it on, she will be pleased :smile:

Thank you Joe, very much appreciated :biggrin:

Thank you Anthony, glad you enjoyed - about the official guy, oh well - whatever... :smile: it will be a lesson for me to remember when I am on my more usual side of the camera :wink:

Thank you Steph, indeed much appreciated :biggrin:

15. My honest Congratulations! Welcome to the club :Crunk:

Your pictures have a unique style, making these captures special.

BTW:
    Beautiful Bride!
    (Can't decide about the groom......:Crunk:)

16. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Congratulations Vieri! It was a good thing that you brought along your M8. Not many photographers could capture the moment the way you did. Thanks for sharing.

17. Thank you Michael, your comments are much appreciated :biggrin: about the groom, as you can see in my avatar, when he is not behind the camera he tends to hide from it... it must say something! :wink:

18. Thank you Banhup, indeed it was great to bring the M8 along, it kinda saved the day... :biggrin: thanks for your very nice comments and good wishes, very much appreciated! :biggrin:

19. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

:cool:Being that I'm a wedding photographer I feel as if I might be stepping into a "lions den" here. What happened to have this event go "south"? Were the images that you and your bride saw just proofs? Can you elaborate some more on the coverage for your wedding day? We in the wedding business read about these circumstances too often but hardly ever get details. You can PM me or email bob@bob-swanson.com

20. Congratulations on your own wedding pics! :wink: :biggrin: Beautiful pictures and beautiful bride!