Patrick's latest project...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leigh, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I just wanted to share with everyone what Patrick has been working on lately (which will explain why he hasn't had time to post any pictures). This took 2 weekends and a few volunteers to finish...which it finally was yesterday evening. This snapshot was taken a couple hours before it was done. The swingset portion, rock wall and slide, as well as the monkey bars had not yet been added. Our two boys have already been enjoying it. We could hardly bring them in last night for dinner because they were having so much fun.

[​IMG]

Thanks patrick as well as to our volunteers for a job well done!

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Leigh,

Your boys are going to enjoy that for a long time. Good going DAD!! :) :) :) :)

4. What a nice playset, your kids will have tons of fun. We do want a demo image of the entire thing later on.

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    They are going to have a blast playing on that for
    sometime to come.

6. Well, the "kids", you and Patrick included, should have a ton of fun with this. But the REAL question in, whcih part do you send Patrick to when the "Honey Do" list isn't complete :?: :?: :?: :?: :wink:

Not, of course, that I have any idea what that means or think that Patrick would every find himself in such a position or that you would ever even think of such a thing.......then again I haven't been married to the same person since 1971 without learning a thing or two :lol: .

Nice job, Patrick, hope you got at least one cookie for the job....

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    My dad built me one of those when I was small - I remember it being a HUGE project (I'm sure the designers and builders of our house spent less time :) ) that completely consumed our family for quite a while.

We (me, my three siblings and our myriad of friends) spent all of our time playing on and around the "treeless tree house" for years.

Good going Patrick - it's gonna be a neighborhood hot-spot for a long time to come!

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I really enjoyed building this. Anyone that knows me knows that I am not a carpenter. Basically if it is not comprised of zero's and ones I have a hard time understanding it. I kept looking for the reset button when I did something wrong but could never find it.

I love my family dearly and when my boy saw this in S Sam's Club and saidm "daddy, I want one!" I just had to find a way to grant this wish.

Thanks everyone!

9. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Wow, did you build that, or buy it from Sam's club? I'm working on building one too. Still in the design phase though.

That and I don't have any volunteers to help, got two daughters to care for and a business to run.

It may take a while to complete - hopefully my daughters won't be teenagers when I get it done.

10. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I purchased the kit from Sams club and assembled it with help from my father and father in law. Took two weekends to do it.

11. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Ah.... I was thinking those were some awsome carpentry skills for someone that's not a professional carpenter.

Great job with the assembly though. I'll have to post some pics whenever I get mine started. Hmmm...

12. Awesome, great stuff they will have a blast I am sure.

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Way cool Patrick and Leigh. My playhouses when I was growing up were usually cardboard boxes.... :lol:

Frank

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Patrick and Leigh,

That is just the neatest little kid tree type house..

They will love this for years.

Great job.