Paul C Buff--my compliments!

Several years ago, I purchased some Einstein strobes, light stands, soft boxes and a remote trigger from Paul C Buff. Unfortunately, I haven't used this studio equipment as much as I would like. My photography has gravitated more towards landscapes and architecture. My time shooting portraits has been minimal.

But, it's that time of the year again when I photograph the young players that play on my travel baseball team. And, this time I've taken on what is probably an overly ambitious setup involving five lights (three Einsteins and two Nikon SB units).

Just like last year, I had trouble working with the Cyber Commander unit that triggers the flashes. This trouble is all my doing...it is a result of not using the commander very often and having to familiarize myself with the functions each time.

Last year, I was having trouble adjusting the power of the individual strobes with the commander just minutes before the players were schedule to arrive. I called Buff's customer support phone number. To my surprise, I was immediately connected to a representative who patiently walked me through the process to get the lights working properly.

This year, I knew to set up the lights far in advance, but still had a couple of technical questions. I called Buff's customer service line--and was once again immediately connected with a very competent and friendly representative. They never once asked how long it had been since I made my purchase (probably 8 years ago)--or if I had purchased some kind of service contract (which they don't even offer).

I am very impressed with this level of customer service--as well as with the quality of the gear. I know that many of us (including me) sometimes post negative experiences we've had with various vendors. But, given the extraordinary level of customer service that I've received from Paul C Buff, I thought it would be nice to give that company a shout out.

Thanks for reading...and please wish me luck with this five light photo session! My vision is to create some banners and posters that will be composites of all the players shot individually against a green screen. One of the posters will be designed like a cinema poster.

Glenn

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice to hear good news! And good luck with your project! I look forward to hearing about your set up, problem solving (something always comes up, right?), and seeing the results!

I've dealt with Joe in tech support for years, very quick getting back with answers and very helpful. I also recommend them.

Nice to hear good news! And good luck with your project! I look forward to hearing about your set up, problem solving (something always comes up, right?), and seeing the results!
Thanks Karen...yes, problem solving will definitely come up!
I've dealt with Joe in tech support for years, very quick getting back with answers and very helpful. I also recommend them.
I suspect that most customers feel the same way.

Glenn

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom