Paul McCartney US tour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dmwphoto, Oct 7, 2005.

1. I am going to be in the 6th row tommorrow at the MCI center in Washington DC, watching Paul McCartney do the new US tour. Unfortunately cameras are not permitted. I plan to enjoy myself nonetheless. wish a bunch of youz could be there with me.
    Dave
    If any of you are, let me know where you are seated.
    Dave

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Can't ya sneek in a P&S :>)))
    lend ya my 5000 :>))) hahahahaha
    Yeah wish i was going

3. Oh take me, pleeeeeeeeeze!!! LOL If you'd told me forty years ago I'd still be singing Beatles songs in the kitchen at the top of my lungs while cooking dinner (and she wonders why she lives alone!! LOL), I would have said you were nuts! Enjoy yourself.... he's a winner to see live!

4. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Promise to sing along to "Hey Jude" ok? :).

I got my D70 on the day I went to see Plant at Beacon. A very butchy lady told me that I'll be thrown out if she catches me taking photos, but when the concert started flashes were going off EVERYWHERE. Including mine.

So, have fun and maybe ... take a chance and show us some photos? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2005
  5. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a show. Just got home and i am a wee bit weary but that was GREAT! sorry Gale, Sandi and Elena that you all could not go and that I could not take a camera.
    Dave

6. Glad to hear you had a great time!!! So tell us, did anyone else sneak a camera in - how was it all handled??

7. Oh TOLady you should have been with me in the early 60's. Met 'The Beatles' at a small club in Rookery Road, Handsworth ,Birmingham before they became really well known and also met 'The Stones' there. plus one of my staff had a bit of a fling with George.
    In the 70's I had a lot to do with ROCK GROUPS. Moody Blues- Led Zeppelin- Chicago- and guess who? Yes the Prince of Darkness himself OZZY OSBOURNE!! Justin Hayward, John Lodge. Robert Plant and John Bonham were friends of mine and we used to go to a jazz club in Canal Street B'ham. Those were the days.
    As regards to Paul. Sorry but I never took to him! However, I am glad you had a good time.

BW. Bob F.

8. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Bob, I won't ask your age :biggrin: , and who cares about Ozzy, can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE hear more about JPG&R and especially Led Zepp?

Any photos? Man, sometimes I wish I were born couple of decades earlier because there's practically no good good music coming out nowadays.

9. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    WOW!

Doing the "We're not worthy" from "Wayne's World" lol

10. It was purely by accident that this all happened. I was the consultant accountant for a company in Birmingham that had the UK's biggest Ford dealership. However, in Derby they had a company that imported exotic cars and the people I mentioned liked exotic cars!! Anyway it seemed to fall to me to walk them through the financing of their purchases, and this is how I came to know them so well. They trusted me not rip them off and consequently they became friends.
    Each had their own favourites. For instance Ozzie, 'bless his cotton socks,' always bought DeTomasso's. Whereas John Bonham changed his cars with more regularity than he changed his underpants. I remember with the utmost clarity that we had searched the whole of the UK for a racing green AC428. So off we went to Brighton to get it. 10 days later I was walking through the workshops and their was John's 428. Thinking that he had come to me I asked the supervisor how long he had been in the building. Oh No! he said he has brought it back as he does not like the colour of the seats. And so it went on.
    I visited his house 'The Old Hyde' or something very similar a number of times. Nice Man. A bit wild and a lovely wife who he was NOT that faithful to during the time I knew him.
    Funny thing was I did not like LZepp's music. Jimmy P said that the BEST thing they ever did was to go to Japan and perform at a Hiroshima concert.

As regards to the rest all I can say is that they were all gentlemen. Justine and John L. would regulary come and talk to the staff in the Accounts Dept. No affectations just being themselves.

As regards to age: well nearer 70 than 60 and guess what? I lived through the most exciting develpment of music that this world has ever experiened, and I can say. 'That I was there.'
    Can you imagine what it was like to be spoon fed 'PAP' dished up by the crooners of the day and suddenly have your ears assailed by Elvis Presley's 'Heart Break Hotel.' Absolutely mind blowing. And yes I wore all the gear. Brothel Creepers- Drapes-Drainpipe Trousers- Frilly Shirt and Bootlace Tie.

BW Bob F.

11. Next time I'm in Cornwall, Bob, the pints are on me - I'm sure you've got a ton of great stories stored up which can't be typed here!! What a history!

12. Sandi
    The only cameras I saw in there were cell phone cameras. Very thorough searches were performed at the door and security was extreme (but appreciated). An awesome show worth every minute.
    I envy you Bob for the contacts you were able to make in the days of music's most virilent period. I had similar experiences with Bruce Springsteen in the mid seventies when I lived near Asbury Park, but nothing quite as romantic as you experienced in relation to the muscians encountered.
    Dave

13. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    ZOFO ....ahh those were the days ! :smile:

Regards

RFC

14. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Bob, I'd give a lot to go back to those days, but since I can't, I thank you for letting me live vicariously through you (and my hippie parents who "fed" me Presley, James Brown, Beatles, Zep, Floyd, etc., since birth :biggrin:). If you only you had a DSLR back then ....

Btw, did Plant or Page ever get into details of that infamous "groupie - fish" incident? :biggrin: :biggrin: