1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Paying an online company to edit your photos. - Any good ones out there?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stayathomedad, Jun 15, 2011.

1. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
  2. Tom Larsen

Tom Larsen

Jan 18, 2008
    Denmark
    I have no experience with any of these and had no idea this was an available service. Checking each of the links you provided, I find that ShootDotEdit and Lavalu have the best looking websites, and the ones easiest to navigate. Given that you are submitting work for aesthetic editing, you wonder if the two mentioned extend their design sense to the client's work.

Looking at the homepage image at Photographer's Edit, I wonder if that is the before or after shot. I surely would not have chosen it for the cover image.

Really curious how and where the work is performed.

3. barry lloyd

barry lloyd

Jun 12, 2007
    UK
    I prefer to edit my own photos. Why? simply because they wern't there when the photo was taken so there is no way they can produce a true copy of the scene in question.
    Much better to do your own and you know what you want to keep or remove from a photo.

Bazza

4. I've heard Shotdotedit is really good.

Personally, I do all of my own editing right now.

5. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    Different companies offer different services, including culling, rough editing, basic editing, and so forth. Some even provide you with a LR catalog so you can simply go in and finish the work with your own personal touch.

Of course editing your own photos is the best way, but sometimes the grunt work needs to be outsourced due to time constraints.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.