Pbase again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike mac, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Was trying to post tonight and every time I linked to the original as such
    http://www.pbase.com/mmcatee43/image/40334963/original.jpg
    I get the dreaded red X. I don't like to post using anything but large cause pbase's compression is terrible. Any work around for this issue. Thanks for listening to me rant

2. Anyone care to expound on SmugMug?

Rich :?:

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I have greatly enjoyed my smugmug experience. They do have outages from time to time, but they are infrequent. In addition, they have added quite a few nice new services recently, like the ability to order CD's of your files.

This might not mean much to some, but I lost the first 12,000 pics that I took, and only have what is on their site, so a back-up is much appreciated.

Frank

4. I just signed up about 2 weeks ago. It is real easy to use. The only complaint I have is the speed. Sometimes the site drags, but not all the time.

5. Mike, that is an awesome picture. I take it you took this picture on your Florida trip???

I have the opportunity to visit Fishermans Island with lots of wildlife on the Eastern Shore of Virgiia with a Photography club so now I will get a chance at maybe catching some bird shots. This Island is closed to the public except for tours. I just hope the weather will be warm enough. I get too cold when taking pictures outside in low temperatures and it makes me lose my concentration.

Melissa

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Neither Pbase nor smug mug, but for Mac users, .Mac is extremely reliable, fast and seemingly unlimited in bandwidth. I've never experienced an outage (of course a statement like that is bound to turn all my pix to a blue question mark, which is what Safari users get instead of a red X.)