Pbase and EXIF question......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lisa, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
  2. Kind of neat information Lisa, I have never noticed that before. I am going to have to go check some of my images out. Sorry, can't help you with your question.

Well, I just checked out a whole bunch of my images, including macro shots and no distance data was listed.

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Very interesting information, Lisa. I checked a bunch of my photos at pbase and none have that information included. Perhaps it's something unique to the D70. I use a D2H and D100. Sorry I couldn't help with your question.

4. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Gordon:

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find one single thing those two images had in common. Both were uploaded on different days, one used a flash, one didn't, different lenses. I was stumped and for awhile there, I thought it may have been an added feature but images uploaded since do not show this value.

There was also an occasion where I actually had an ISO value for another image and never again. :roll:

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I checked my Pbase gallery and could not find the focal distance box filled in with any numerics. I have no idea why they would have the criteria there without any data.

6. Hi Lisa,

A lot of the EXIF information on the original image is lost in post processing. Resizing in Photoshop wipes out ISO information for the D-70 and D-100.
    Is it possible that the two images you have information on were either original images right out of the camera or processed in some unusual (for you) way?
    Just a guess,
    Bob

7. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Bob:

What I always do is curves or levels and resize but NOT for the web initially. I do this so the EXIF data can be uploaded. Then, if the image is over 100KB, for dial-up people and pseudo DSL customers (like myself), I take that same photo and replace the original so the EXIF is intact but the photo is then easier to view at the smaller size. The photo you see has been PP'd and web downsized but the EXIF belongs to that photo....did I confuse you? :?

I really don't know what happened, but it sure is interesting. I'm going to go back and look in Breezebrowser and see if this field shows up somewhere. Thank you for your thoughts!

Hi Frank: Thanks for checking your galleries. I was just wanting to see if there's something I did or can do to get this information. Seems to be some kind of fluke but I've been meaning to ask 8)

8. papa85

papa85 Guest

Same here Lisa,

I checked out my Pbase and no distance shows up.
    Buy the way I just bought a Sigma 105mm 2.8 EX DG macro lens, I will probably be asking you for help. Your bugs are the greatest. lol :D

9. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Tony!

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the compliments! I will help in any way that I can....We have the same bugs as we are only about 25 or so miles from each other :) And you've got a good lens there. I went for the 60mm because it was good AND inexpensive compared to the others. But have you noticed the lack of bugs around because of the lack of rain? I had lots more to choose from last year and I can barely find a bee these days :cry: