PBase down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BLV, Nov 3, 2005.

1. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Does anyone know for how long PBase has been down and if anything is being done about it?

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    It was slow yesterday afternoon, but by evening was ok. Was ok this am, about 7am EDT but I haven't been there since.

3. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    It's completely down. I'm hoping someone will come along and say that there was a warning about possible downtime today?

4. Pbase worked last night for me and I am checkign it now and it is pretty slow right now...

5. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Not coming up for me at all. When I ping it, it gives me "request timed out".

6. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    Hi Elena

Yup, I'm having the same problem. It was working this morning at 7 a.m. but when I checked back at 9 a.m. it was down. Once I got to work, same thing. But I didn't see any warnings yesterday, so it's probably the same old thing with them.

Glad to see you made the jump over to this space.

7. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I can't get there at all either.

8. I'm sure Slug knows, but he isn't talking :wink:.

I've been a Pbase supporter for about 5 years. It's a hobbyist's site... run by a hobbyist for hobbyists. It's excellent when it works, but it's always been quirky. In a way, I think that's part of its charm :Crunk: .

9. LOL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

10. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Yeah .... as long as that charm doesn't translate into lost photos. I have all of the originals backed up, but the thought of redoing everything in PS if, god forbid, everything's lost, will make me go bananas :biggrin:

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    1:00 pm Chicago time...Pbase is still AWOL! :confused:

12. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Hey, John! Thanks. Are we having a great autumn in the city or what?

13. papa85

papa85 Guest

Pbase

Pbase is up at the moment.

14. you sure?

15. Back up, all is well :biggrin: :biggrin:

16. I must say that while I like many of the features and convenience of pbase, smugmug or even my homepage are looking more attractive by the day.

I can't recommend highly enough backing up your work, originals and mods. Get an external harddrive and only plug it in when you need to do backups. Some things you just don't want to leave solely in the hands of other people.
    BLV - BTW, did you take the Laetitia Casta photo in your avatar? She's always been one of my favorite models.

17. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    I have everything that's needed for backing up (or anything computer related, and not really :biggrin:), it's a matter of not being lazy :).

Good one! :biggrin:

18. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    PBase has been back up for an hour or two, but I still don't see a mentioning anywhere in the forums of what took them offline for at least 6 hours.

19. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    It has been up for several hours, but it sure seems "pokey" to me...but at least it is up and running.