Pbase is dying again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Ia anyone else having to wait two minutes between entries? I don't know how much longer this can be tolerated. Has anyone switched from PBase to Smugmug?

Rich :evil:

2. It was slow as a snail this morning, but it's flying right now. Slug may have been doing some weekend maintainance.

I've been with pbase for ages, and have an emotional attachment to the site... warts and all. No smugmug for me.

3. I am on imageshack and it jammed on me this morning, the internet in general was very very slow.

4. I am paid up with Pbase for the next 38 months so I think I will stick around for awhile. I haven't had much of a problem since early in the year.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I am paid up with Pbase for two years as well and I have not had a problem since becoming a cleint. Thank Goodness! :eek:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have problems with all of them on here so couldn't tell you.. No prob at DPR.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Every website in the world will crash at some time. More traffic means more frequent crashes.

8. marc

marc Guest

i agree with chris

i do not really know much about pbase, but i think that sometimes there servers are just overwhelmed, with traffic.

it seems to work ok most of the time.

i guess when we spend money for something we want no glitches, not that simple

you know: every day is just another trip in the journey of life

9. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Rich,

Maybe they'll give us a free extension to our paid-up time. Some months ago I got an e-mail from pbase saying that my paid-up time was extended by 2 months, because of technical problems they experienced.

I wish every Internet business was so nice.

No, I'm not planning to change.

Regards,

10. Pbase has its ups and downs. Right now it seems slow indeed, but what bugs me more is that my background and font settings have been changed without my doing.

11. Thank goodness you posted this topic. My site lost all of its formatting this morning and is still super slow (9:39 p.m. EST). I am paid up for 5 years according to them (don't know how I did that). I hope they get their issues resolved soon.

12. I found this note on the Pbase home page this morning:

26-Jun-2005 - Apologies for the problems last night. There was a power failure at our hosting facility last night that took out all four of our server cabinets. This caused some downtime and some side effects that lasted into the day.
    We'll be working with the ISP to find a way to ensure this doesn't happen again.

13. I read this note. Meanwhile everything seems to be o.k. again. All my formattings are as they have been before.

14. I use smugmug and think it's a GREAT host.

JohnG

15. Slug may have been overly optimistic about getting pbase back online. Performance is less than satisfactory this morning. But I'm sure he'll work it out in the next few days.

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    pbase has been as great a server as anyone else..

They prob have the largest image population anywhere.

I'll stay...

17. papa85

papa85 Guest

Still not up to par.Hope all will be well, I like pbase. had it for two years.we just get more storage space for the small fee that I have been paying