pBase problems (08/29)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Czechman01, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Anyone know what's up with pBase? I haven't been able to log on for two days.

2. AlanG

AlanG

May 6, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    Are you still having problems? It's been a bit slow lately, but I've not had any issues logging in. I just logged in to my account and it appears they are back up to speed.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I was able to log on yesterday, but today I am not.

4. I just got on

Must either be your connection or they got it fixed.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Still locked out here Alan. :frown:

6. I have logged on the site several times in the past few days without any problem

7. I'm having no problem logging on or viewing , but it has been slow at times .

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I think that the reliability and speed has been really terrible the past few weeks. I can log on today. But, I must admit, I have been considering switching.

9. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I had those problems even a year ago, and got tired of it. I switched to Zenfolio.

10. I haven't been able to log on from any browser for at least 24 hours... after a long "contacting www.pbase.com" I get an error message telling me that "The server pbase.com can't be found".

I've had an account there for 5 years and this is the first time I've ever had a problem like this.

11. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Pbase can be frustrating from time to time. Normally, when I log on, I go do something else, as it takes several minutes for the logon to work, but after reading this thread just now, I tried it. Whamo! Logon happened instantly. Moving around my galleries, and edit pages was lightning fast. Wish Pbase was like this all the time.

I created two galleries, and uploaded about 80 photos just yesterday with no problems, except a very slow login page.

12. Well a least I know they haven't fallen off the face of the earth... just mine.

13. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Woody, when I click your Pbase, it loads and pretty fast too

14. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Woody :

Try clearing the cache on your browser.

John P.

15. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    I just tried to log on and got a "page load error".

16. Thanks John, I tried that too to no avail but late last night it loaded immediately and has been very responsive since. Like I said, it's the first time that's happened.

17. It's just messin' with ya! :tongue:

18. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Woody :

Oh, well. It was an idea.

When I looked for hosting, pBase just didn't come up for me as a "goer". I'd seen so many posts similar to yours, and while many people spoke highly of pBase, the simple number of outages and issues was too much for my taste. I ended up using Photoshare from New Zealand, and have had only one outage in something like four and a half years.

But I think photo sharing sites are a bit like eyeglasses. One person's prescription just isn't ideal for another... :wink:

John P.