PC cord for SB-24 and AS-15 adapter?

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by artoris, Jun 2, 2007.

1. artoris

artoris

May 25, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I have an AS-15 adapter on my D50 and would like to get a PC cord so I can use my SB-24 off camera.

What kind of cord should I buy? Please be specific. I posted this question on Strobist and can't seem to get a good answer.

Thanks.

2. Nikon SC-17. It stretches to about 5 feet 1.5 meter.
    The AS-15 adapter would become surplus.:wink:

3. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Sc-17

I just picked one up from a local photo site buy and sell forum . I couldn't find it on Nikon's site. It is a heavy duty cable, and looks like it will with stand a lot of use.

4. WayneF

WayneF

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    If you want a PC cord for manual operation, then any male-to-male PC cord will work between the SB-24 and the AS-15. Most PC cords are male-to-female or mini-to-male or something else that wont work, but male-to-male does exist, like this one
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/375157-REG/Interfit_Paterson_INT657_PC_Male_to_PC.html

The SC-17 is plentiful on Ebay, and would allow TTL operation (flash shoe extension), but anything more than about 2 feet is pulling the coiled cord pretty tight. Even if you bolt down the camera and the flash, 5 feet is the limit. You can chain two or three of them together. Or some people boil them, the hot water can straighten out the coil, to be maybe 8 feet then.