PC85 micro with and without the 500D

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Aug 3, 2005.

1. The flower was in a glass fill with water, there a small breeze that keep moving the flower, it's not that sharp but that's only to see the difference between the lens with and without the 500D, it's not as great that if you used it for example with the VR70-200.

Without

[​IMG]

With the 500D

[​IMG]

2. Well at least it gives me an idea what to expect. However, for this kind of shot I would not use the PC. I would rather use it when I have need for the tilt option.

I am very reluctant to use the 500D on the 70-200 nowadays, because this is simply too heavy. My favorite combo is with the 85/1.4.

Cheers

3. Harry depending on what angle you choose to do the macro shot you might have to use the tilt to increased the zone of sharpness.

4. Thanks for the comparison Gilles, gives me some idea with the 105mm and 5T combination. Might give this combo a try one day when I get the 5T.

Nice capture BTW, good details especially the one with the 500D.

I thought tilt was for pinball only, but obviously you could cheat just the same with the PC85 ;-)

Regards,
    Jonathan