PDF converter for Chrome?

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
What do you mean? A way of converting a web page to a PDF?

I don't see that feature in IE or any browser.

There are ways of doing it with any program, for example printing to a printer which is really a PDF converter.

(Or do you mean being able to view a PDF in the browser?)

I too am a little confused what is meant by converter. AFAIK Chrome has the ability to view pdf which should be set up as default when you install. In Acrobat reader you also have the ability to set preferences to display a web linked pdf either in the browser window or to actually open in Acrobat.

Richard & Tony,
I see I didn't explain it correctly. In IE, I have a tab on the toolbar to convert any page to a PDF. That's what I mean, not a reader. I researched the same for Chrome, and it seems plugins are available, but they have the usual caveats: (Company) will have access to your pdf info/files/etc. They have to send the page to their site, create the pdf, then return it to you. I was hoping for something a little simpler.

Thanks for responding.

I am running Acrobat for my pdf's, but it doesn't work in Chrome.

Howard now I understand and have come across the same issue about uploading via a third party for conversion.

You may have already tried this but...
There is some basic functionality built into Chrome using Print to PDF. This just saves the web page as is without any formatting but may be of some use?
Goto the 'Wrench Tool' on the menu bar and click Print. In the Destination drop down menu select Save as PDF

But if you have Acrobat then you can simply print the page, selecting the printer called Adobe PDF.
Richard, an occasional 'Thank you' would be nice. See how often I act like a complete idiot, just so you can show others how to help the helpless? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Howard now I understand and have come across the same issue about uploading via a third party for conversion.

You may have already tried this but...
There is some basic functionality built into Chrome using Print to PDF. This just saves the web page as is without any formatting but may be of some use?
Goto the 'Wrench Tool' on the menu bar and click Print. In the Destination drop down menu select Save as PDF

Tony, see my response above. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you, folks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom