PDF Editor

Is there a good alternative to the full blown Adobe PDF editor?

I don't have any need for the program, to justify that much expense. So, I'm looking for a good alternative that will do 99%.

Specifically, what I'm trying to do is edit some PDF government forms, like the passport application, for example.

For some reason, all of the gubmint forms are locked, so you can't input your info and then Save a copy with your info intact. I simply want to be able to remove that limitation.

Any tips would be appreciated. :biggrin:

A PDF editing program will not be able to remove the protection. There are methods out there, but just using a PDF editing program won't get you where you want to go.

Why not just pull up the form on your screen, fill it out, and do a Print Screen capture if all you want to do is save a copy with your info. If you can't get the whole thing on your screen, do it in portions and paste in Photoshop or any pano software.

A PDF editing program will not be able to remove the protection. There are methods out there, but just using a PDF editing program won't get you where you want to go.
Thanks, Sandi. I was afraid that would be the case. :frown: I've found some tools that supposedly can convert PDF to text or DOC, etc, and will have to try them out.

Thanks, Victor. I'll download the trial and give it a whirl. :biggrin:

Thanks again, Sandi. If it converts to graphics, dunno how useful that might be. If it saves a bunch of retyping in the future, it might be okay. If not, oh well. :smile:

Is there a good alternative to the full blown Adobe PDF editor?

I don't have any need for the program, to justify that much expense. So, I'm looking for a good alternative that will do 99%.

Specifically, what I'm trying to do is edit some PDF government forms, like the passport application, for example.

For some reason, all of the gubmint forms are locked, so you can't input your info and then Save a copy with your info intact. I simply want to be able to remove that limitation.

Any tips would be appreciated. :biggrin:
kinda late but a simple way to to save the form is to install a pdf writer (e.g cutepdf). after filling out the form just print to pdf.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom