PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo 2008

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJVCuda, Sep 29, 2008.

1. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    Anyone attending?

I'm heading up on Saturday, It will be my first time attending - any tips from someone who has been there before?

Thanks

2. I'll be there. Hope to get a deal on a lens or two.....

3. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    So there will be discounts on glass?

4. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    bump.... no ones going?

5. All the big retailers will be there (B&H, Adorama, Calumet, UniquePhoto, etc) and they always run show specials.

6. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    thanks for the heads up!

Looking for some glass - so that helps!

7. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    less then 2 weeks away...

8. I went last year, but got there towards the end of the show. I decided to go at least two days this year. They usually have models and shooting areas set up, so bring your favorite setup and be ready to rock and roll. I was mad that I only brought the 17-55 with me last year. Probably bring the 70-200 and 85 with me this year. Should be fun. I'm looking forward to it.

I may try to go early on Saturday, but I have to see what my calendar looks like.

9. MAP1911

MAP1911

Jul 27, 2008
    NJ
    I'm heading in to NY on Friday for the expo. If anyone else will be there maybe we could meet for lunch.

Mike

10. Sounds good, I'll be there... Sending you a pm.

11. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I'll be there on Friday.

Keith - I wasn't even going to bring my camera until you mentioned that it might be worthwhile. If I want to travel light, which of these lenses do you suggest (with a D200):

45mm and 100/2 or
    45mm and 150/2.8 or
    24-70

From your lens choices, it sounds like more reach is better.

DAB

12. If I were you, I'd bring the 24-70 and the 150mm... I'm trying to travel lighter than normal, just bringing 2-3 lenses and at least one body, maybe two...

13. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I'll be there on Thursday. I'll let you guys know how it is. If anyone's going Thursday lemme know. I'll check back in tomorrow before I leave for the city.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.