1. This is from a few years ago. It is an anti-war protest in Denton, Texas- home of North Texas University. The turnout was low due to the weather- it was very cold and a heavy rain was falling.

This was shot with my very last film camera, before I went completely digital. At this point, I had sold all of my Nikon F3's and my other film cameras to help finance my switch to digital capture. The camera for this particular shot was a Bessa R2A rangefinder with a 35mm lens. The film was Fuji Neopan 1600, which I processed in Rodinal- hence the slightly heavy grain.

95070319.gif

2. These fair weather protesters. Why in the late 60's we protested rain or shine. Of course living in Washington it was mostly in the rain.

It's just kind of a gloomy, sad shot and the grain adds to that feeling. I like it. It reminds me of some of the old B&W VN protest shots taken way back when.

3. Yeah, the young kids today just don't know how to really protest like the old farts from our generation, do they? :biggrin::biggrin:

4. Nice shot. Brings back memories.