Peaceful ending version 2

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dmwphoto, Jun 12, 2005.

1. after a most useful tutorial by Gale, I was able to make these corrections[​IMG]
    Then with a couple of hasty additional edits, I am late leaving for a meeting I will work on this more later
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Sure makes a differenc. Hope you like the differences in color space...

Further instructions sent in PM when you return :>))
    from the meeting I made you late to...

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    a beautiful picture made even more so..

4. Thanks Leigh. Gale gave me some really great help today and I owe her one. The only thing I forgot on this last image was to apply the unsharp mask.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave,
    I applied no Sharpening to those images...

:>)))

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Here is one

With proPhoto color space and shadow/highlights PS

No sharpening done.

7. Gale you definately resqued a borderline shot. now if i can borrow some wit from John Shaw, I also have a shot of Elvis eating a cheesburger with the Loch ness monster but it is a little dark, Shot at HI2 ISO but cant quite get all the details. You fix it I will split the gross sales. LOL thanks so much.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    ROFLMAO.....

9. Dave, It's unbelievable the difference between the two, so much more details in the tree and the rock formation around the tree. There a small halo around the branches but in looking carefully at the original, it's there too. Keep up the good work.

10. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Number one is wonderful. :D

11. Shahed,
    Thank you. After seeing your landscape photography I am honored that you took the time to comment and look at mine.

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    very nice

Did you do the layer mask technique to blend exposures for more dynamic range. I have tried it and got a halo on some of mine before, too. One thing I tried was increasing the gaussian blur and it seemed to reduce the halo. I'll watch this thread to see if anyone else has some suggestions. I will be curious to hear as well.

13. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    looks good dave.

One of these days Ive got to start messing with photoshop.