Peach Iris with super-tele macro

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by DW Brewer, May 7, 2007.

1. A little over a year ago, a fellow named Jim Neiger pioneered using super-telephoto lens for macro work in a stunning series of images posted on Naturescapes.net. I've been waiting for the right circumstances to try this, although my standard butterfly and dragonfly set-up is with a 400mm lens+ringlight. Here goes. The late spring freeze has presented a dearth of flowerig subjects, but finally the iris bloomed. These are peach colored iris from a start given to me by friends about a dozen years ago. This made a beautiful 11x14 print.
    D2Hs + 120-300 at 300mm + 2XTC, ISO 400

2. Absolutely gorgeous! I have just started using a macro and it has a learning curve similar to BIF.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty
    I have shot at Viera with Jim and seen him there many times..Nice fellow.

4. Very nice. I occasionally use my 300F4 for floral images. Love the effect. Scott Schexnadyre uses his for butterflies and a few florals too.

5. Well, given the optical combo, the result is astoundingly good, actually very good.

Cheers