Peachy

Last year, our peach trees were hit by a late spring freeze:frown:, so I was quite happy yesterday to gather evidence for the promise of this year’s bounty:smile:. [The colors of these blossoms vary from almost white to deep pink – I chose to go with this aggressive pink one.]

DSC_2179sm.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bob,

I like the image. It looks like you achieved a perfect exposure as I can see detail in the petals of the flower under what seems like challenging lighting conditions for such a shot.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn -- I didn't show you some other trial exposures of the same blossom:wink:. Actually, a tripod is an absolute necessity [for me] for this kind of shot, and it helps to use either a timed shutter release or a remote shutter release. [I got lucky when the breeze hesitated too.]

Oh I Like that pink!!! It is spectacular. It's truly spring in a click.
I am just learning about bokeh so I am wondering what lens and how wide open was it?

Cheers
Barb
(PS it snowing again... :-]] oh well last week we had a moderate forest fire hazard and a fire ban. so I am having spring moments vicariously)

Oh I Like that pink!!! It is spectacular. It's truly spring in a click.
I am just learning about bokeh so I am wondering what lens and how wide open was it?

Cheers
Barb
(PS it snowing again... :-]] oh well last week we had a moderate forest fire hazard and a fire ban. so I am having spring moments vicariously)
Thanks Barb -- I'm glad you enjoyed it. [I saw your "ducky" post with the snow -- this makes for quite a contrast:smile:.]

As for the shooting data, the complete EXIF is embedded in the file. If you don't have Opanda(it's free) or the equivalent to read to EXIF, I was using the 300 f/4 at f/8. With a shooting distance of only ~ 6ft., the DOF was less than 0.5 in. [The EXIF won't tell you thatI used a tripod and a timed delay on the shutter release to minimize camera movement.]

Thanks Barb -- I'm glad you enjoyed it. [I saw your "ducky" post with the snow -- this makes for quite a contrast:smile:.]

As for the shooting data, the complete EXIF is embedded in the file. If you don't have Opanda(it's free) or the equivalent to read to EXIF, I was using the 300 f/4 at f/8. With a shooting distance of only ~ 6ft., the DOF was less than 0.5 in. [The EXIF won't tell you thatI used a tripod and a timed delay on the shutter release to minimize camera movement.]

Thanks very much for the information. I tried the download of Opanda and saw the EXIF information. The program is very helpful...All I need now is spring, no wind and some blossoms:biggrin:
Cheers
Barb

Love the shot Bob :smile:
It brought back mouth-watering memories of a tree that we had in London on a south facing, very protected, high wall at the end of the garden. We bottled the rest of the prolific harvest it gave us and, when we moved, it took us 11 years to finish the last jar !! :biggrin:
All the best

Latest threads

Top Bottom