Peacock+Butterfly+Photoshop CS = Firebird.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Bob the Spiderman, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Now that 'she who must be obeyed' has joined the NC, and she will be posting her pictures and fabulous patterns I thought that I better get in FAST.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Although I will manipulate a natural history image I also like to combine two manipulated images to make one image. The following is an example of same that is successful, but this is the exception to the rule. I can spend hours trying and end up with absolutely nothing.

The first image is a photograph of our tame peacock from our holiday home in France.

[​IMG]

The second is a high magnification picture of the right forewing of a beautiful Birdwing Butterfly from Irian Java.

[​IMG]

This is the final image in which I combined the two images and then used Photoshop CS to manipulate the final image.

[​IMG]

Lets hope this works!! Sometimes very:confused: :confused: :confused:

Bob F

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow that is some image......Beautiful
    The originals from which it was composed are beautiful as well

3. Oh I loved this Peacock, you will here more about him when I post a thread about our holiday in France.

The Birdwing butterfly was one of a number of close up work that we did for a calendar.

The 3rd picture Bob worked on for ages to get the image correct. It went through numerous Photoshop mannipulations before we came up with this one. We felt he was coming out of a red hot fire, hence the title Bob chose for the picture.

Well done Bob.
    It is a shame we were not able to see him last year.:smile: :smile:

Pam

4. Have I seen this version already - or was it another one?

Anyway, I like it very much.
    Cheers

5. Yes, it is the one I sent you last year.

Bob F.