Critique Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies Still Life -- 2nd PHOTO ADDED

This is the first time I've tried making the peanut butter-chocolate filling. It's difficult to decide whether that filling or the peanut butter filling without the chocolate is better. Fortunately, I get to enjoy both.

Edit: A second photo has been added.

Photo #1 Setup
The tabletop is a wood shelf and the background is art paper. A small continuous-light lamp was very close to the cookies on the front left and a white reflector was close to them on the right to brighten that side of the cookies. A polarizer eliminated glare that otherwise would have appeared on the tabletop to the right of the cookies.

The shutter speed shown for the first photo is a mathematical impossibility. It was actually 2.5 seconds.

Photo #2 Setup
The tabletop is white fabric. Two small continuous-light lamps above the scene lit the left and right sides. A medium one also above the scene lit the top area. A white reflector in the top right area lit by a flashlight positioned in the right bottom area brightened the knife blade.

Mike 2020-05-08--004-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike 2020-05-09--011-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I'd love to be a taste tester in your kitchen!!!!! LOL! Next time you can fill each with half and half peanut butter and choc filling. Then you have both delicious tastes in one cookie! LOL!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Thank you to Allan, Nick, Karen, Mitch and John!

You apparently agree with me that anything worth doing is worth doing to excess. :D
I am, indeed, lusting after these cookies! LOL! To date, the best Peanut butter cookies I have found were at SUBWAY! And they have been discontinued!!!!!! UGH! I seem to enjoy peanut butter a LOT more now than I did as a kid!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I seem to enjoy peanut butter a LOT more now than I did as a kid!
I recently ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, though it was only one slice of bread. (These days they're called PB&J.) Since then I've eaten two more. I finally understand why children enjoy them so much: It's because they're a freakin' delicacy!!!!!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom