Pear blossom...

At least something is blooming in Chicago! I used my new Nikon 200 f4 Micro lens to capture this image of a very tiny pear blossom. To give some perspective as to size, this blossom is about the size of my fingernail!

p1576938204.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Mike
Nice! Like the color and texture of the background. If I am isolating a single bloom, I don't what anything else in focus to interfere or call attention to itself, so I think I would have added a little blur to the petals in the lower left. Just my 2¢.

Nice! Like the color and texture of the background. If I am isolating a single bloom, I don't what anything else in focus to interfere or call attention to itself, so I think I would have added a little blur to the petals in the lower left. Just my 2¢.

Thanks Mike...and excellent suggestion about the blur. I appreciate it.

Glenn

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Glenn,

Excellent image and processing! Added texture is well done! I like Mike's suggestion regarding blurring the lower left blossom.

Glenn,

Excellent image and processing! Added texture is well done! I like Mike's suggestion regarding blurring the lower left blossom.

Thanks Karen...

I'll have to go back and give the processing another try. The only problem is that I can't add the blur now--since the texture has been applied. I will have to go back to the RAW file and process from scratch!

Glenn

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom