Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Hi guys,

Something a little bit different... I shot the Concours last Sunday. Flat light, full overcast, too many people, but great cars. I've put up a blind folder here:

http://www.digital-images.net/temp/Concours_dElegance/

A few examples of the shots in the folder:

Deusenberg31J_Ornament_X4622.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lamborghini_Concept_X4469.jpg

AlfaRomeo_Volante_Pininfarina_X4515.jpg

Ferrari_Pininfarina_X4796.jpg

StutzMB30_Interior_X4773.jpg

Except for the hood ornaments (85/1.4D @ f/5.6-f/8), everything was shot with the 17-35 AFS at f/8 or f/11.

Hope you enjoy these...

Ron

Real Name
Chris
Really neat - I liked the ones you put on DPR too. Seems the weather was very cooperative, or was it? Is sun better for cars - I'd guess the overcast would be better for keeping the shadows under control.

Eitherway - I like the Doozy ornament for sure! Now that was a time when they had a handle on what cars were for! And that square looking car - what is that???

Went through your whole gallery Ron, you have some beauties there. Your photography is exceeded only by the subjects you shot. Way to go.

Hi Gordon,

I've got a lot more... but of course there is a limit to what you can post on the 'net. I agree, though -- the subjects were certainly inspiring.

Chris, everything I posted on DPR is from that folder. You've got it all, in one place :^)

The squared-off car is probably the Ferrari (PininFarina design) (#4 in the samples, right?).

Mike... you only get one. I've definitely got dibs on the other one :^)

Ron

Excellent Ron. Its making me drool. You certainly did make wonderful use of an overcasted day. And that first shot of the hood ornament could be part of a product campaign. So wonderful!

Hi, Ron

I'm not particularly a car fan, but these photos are just exquisite. I know a lot of others in the Cafe are really going to drool over them. This event must have been fun to shoot. Did you get any people shots too?

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Hi Christian,

I really did enjoy shooting some of the neat hood ornaments. There are a few others in that folder (top link). The entire day was quite fun and interesting... quite different from the normal shoot I'm involved in :^)

Virginia, I pretty much concentrated on shooting the cars. There is one 'people shot' in the folder -- I asked a lady to model beside a Pope Toledo, as she seemed to fit so nicely with the clothes she was wearing.

PopeToledo04_X4701.jpg

Ron

Ron

:smile: Very e nice images as usual. Nice to see you out enjoying yourself and showing us something different.

All very well done.
Thanks for sharing a day out with Ron.

Exquisite Cars, Exquisite Photos

Loved looking at all of them in the folder. You did a great job with these Ron. Isolation is key to getting an interesting shot, isn't it?

Latest threads

Top Bottom