Critique Pecos Pueblo Mission Church (color version)

Pecos Pueblo Mission Church at Pecos National Historic Park in New Mexico

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks again for looking...
Glenn

I thought I'd prefer the B&W version, before seeing it. But, I like this so much more for some reason. Maybe it's the adobe color and the presence of details that makes color work so well, and the absence of "grit" that makes B&W seem tame. Great composition, though.

Glenn, I prefer the BW version.
Thanks for commenting!
I thought I'd prefer the B&W version, before seeing it. But, I like this so much more for some reason. Maybe it's the adobe color and the presence of details that makes color work so well, and the absence of "grit" that makes B&W seem tame. Great composition, though.
Thanks Nick...I first processed this as color. I also liked the adobe color...and the overall warmth of the colors against the cool, blue sky. I enjoy contrasting colors--cool and warm in the same frame.

Then, I converted to B&W. I think my preference is for color, but I'll have to revisit this after a few days and look at them with fresh eyes.

Glenn

I haven't seen the B&W version yet, but I can't imagine I would prefer it. The rich colors of the adobe and the deep blue New Mexico sky make the image for me. The composition is very nice, too.

I remember visiting this pueblo many years ago.

I haven't seen the B&W version yet, but I can't imagine I would prefer it. The rich colors of the adobe and the deep blue New Mexico sky make the image for me. The composition is very nice, too.

I remember visiting this pueblo many years ago.
Thanks Jim...I like the mixture of cool (blue) and warm (red) colors within the frame, too.
I'm on the B&W side too.
Thanks Binnur

Glenn

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom