Pedal Car Derby.(12 Images)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Davec223, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Well it was our annual pedal car derby last Sunday. It is a 2 hour race with the pedal car completing the most laps of the 1km track that wins. there was a rain shower for the first few laps then it cleared up. It was a race to the end between car number 9 and car number 18, in the end car number 9 won completing 68 laps. The cars were allowed to change riders when they wanted. As you can see from the photos there were a few spills on the hairpin corner I was standing at.
    C&C appreciated. This was my first attempt at any form of sports photograph. I used my SB-800 for fill and to allow me to increase the shutter speed due to the dull day.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007006_ed.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007012-1.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007019-1.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007064_ed.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007065-1.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007090_ed.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007108_ed.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007115_ed.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007119_ed.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007121_ed.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007181-1.

pedalcarracenewmiltonjuly2007192_ed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2007
  2. Cool! Looks like a fun event.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That looks like just to much fun:>)))))

Good pics

4. That looks like a blast to watch

5. Looks like some serious garage engineering going on there, banked curves might be appropriate, No. 8 my fav

6. SCRacer

SCRacer

Apr 12, 2006
    Iowa
    Now I have seen everything!!

7. Thanks for all the comments, I have to admit that it was an absolute blast and laugh to watch, I was supprised by how many people had cameras there. The guy coming off his car/quad in pic10 did ask the two guys next to me and me if we got good shots of him coming off:tongue: The guy in pic 11, just after I took this shot, crashed into the barrier just next to me, again a bit af a laugh was had by him and the crowd as he went shooting off again. The one pedal car that made me laugh the most was from a local(ish) bathroom supplier, yeap you guessed it their pedal car was not a car but a bath. I will go through al the shots I took and see if I can find one of it and post it later.

8. Boy it's amazing how much havoc that corner inflicted! Great pics...

9. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    HillBilly racing in the UK does England have roots in West Virgina. great shots and fun!

10. Nice images. I've never seen such a race. Looks like some have some pretty nice designs.

11. Thanks for the positive comments, David I love your images particulary your motor sport shots. One day may be just one day I will be able to get near your standard.

12. My first look at anything like that, I love it!