Peek-a-Booo-Hooo !

JPS

D700 + 1.4x Kenko converter

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

:biggrin:
J-P.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPS

Wonderful! He just looks sleepy to me!
Thanks Karen !

Yep ! He wasn't very nervous, in any case ! He stayed in this position -and even with this wink- for a while... I suppose I just woke him up !

Nice shot .....
looks like you woke him up --
Thanks Ron !

Yes, the little guy looked like a "stuffed" one... I had tim to take a lot of pics, the problem was that there were lots of branches and the spot where I was standing was the only "clear" one !

Cool shot!
Thanks Baxter !

It was indeed my FIRST owl !!! Beginner's luck, I suppose !

:smile:
J-P.

Us graveyard shift workers are always getting woken up buy you day
people...! :tongue:

Great capture, JP...!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JPS

Man, that's close! You keep him in the bathroom?:biggrin: What a beautiful bird and an excellent capture!:smile:
Thanks Tim !

Actually he lives in an aviary, and he was just sneaking out of his little wooden house ! I shot him from about 8 feet away, thru a thin fence which was 3 feet away from me !

IMO the image sharpness suffered a little bit because of the fence -this is why I had to use a very large aperture, trying to blur it as much as I could- ! As you certainly noticed, the DOF at 420mm @ f/5.6 is so short (0.03 ft) that his eyes are sharp, while the feathers between the eyes and those right above his head are allready blured :frown: !

:wink:
J-P.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom