Critique Peeling Paint

As I said in Gary's Pool Hose #143 post, I have started playing with peeling paint, rusting cars, etc. I am between bird and football seasons, so need something to shoot. I find the paint curls fascinating in the light. Although many think I may need a trip to the shrink- I enjoy studying these. Two quick picks
Gary

Peeling Paint 38.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Peeling Paint 51.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
@1 - so much surface detail - I love it! I count at least six levels of surface here - the best is the inermost, with it's fine structure cracking, and the top surface being peeled away, as if it's a grand reveal event! If you really want critique, perhaps you could have cropped a bit tighter on the bottom and right side.

Real Name
Chris
@Randy

C'mon man! There's a lot going on while this particular desire is in check: this kind of compositional stuff carries itself. It's beauty points are as elusive as the rare natural interactions that are such a satple here. Slow down, maybe take a nap, then wake up and take a picture within seconds. It's fun, contemplative, and yes, compositionally unique.

My wife, and many of my friends, think I am nuts. But I actually enjoy wandering around taking pictures of old walls. When I can find multiple layers I find it something I can actually look at and study. The first image here is presently printed 20x30" on a nice Matt paper and hanging in my studio. I enjoy it. No one else has to like it, this is for me.
That's ok, my music taste a little on the odd side as well.
Gary

Oh, nice for a change, glad I found this. Remembers me of renewing the house :)

My wife, and many of my friends, think I am nuts. ... No one else has to like it, this is for me.
Yes sure, I fully understand and think the same, about things I photograph ;)

That's ok, my music taste a little on the odd side as well.
hmm, that is?

Thanks for the support.
Presently primarily listening to jazz with female vocals. I am primarily an old vinyl guy, but still find some new tunes on line. I have been listening to a lot of the high defintion downloads from Blue Coast music. Have Jenna Mammina playing as we speak.

Latest threads

Top Bottom