Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Pa, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Just a few random scenes of this interesting village from our recent visit in July...

_D755529-XL.

_D755531-XL.

_D755542-XL.

_D755550-XL.

_D721428-XL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. barry lloyd

barry lloyd

Jun 12, 2007
    UK
    Interesting looking place, I always maintain that how a photo is presented is how the photographer would like others to see it. In my case more of can't be bothered to edit. Too damn lazy, thats me

3. How on earth did you manage a shot of the lighthouse without people milling around? Very, very early morning?

4. In my case, I would have preferred not to have the fog, but it hung around from the afternoon we arrived until the morning we left, so I had no choice.

Yep.

5. merlin

merlin

Oct 12, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    Merlin Emrys
    Does not look much different from when I was there in 1973!

As far as fog and haze go, take what you can get! It reflects the actual experience.

6. This was the view during a brief clearing the afternoon before:

_D755537-XL.

7. Now that is how I saw that iconic lighthouse. Through a mass of people. My timing was off when I visited. Just passing through mid-day.

8. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Peggy's Cove is a beautiful place. I'm glad you and Mrs. T. got a chance to visit. Wonderful photos, Jim.

9. Nicely done Jim...love the first image.

10. We were in a B&B just across the harbor from the lighthouse. Breakfast wasn't served until 8 am which is a bit late for me, so I tried to make good use of my time.

Thanks, Lyndee and Bob. I had a hard time finding good ways to photograph the place with the fog and people.

11. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks for posting these, Jim. My wife's mother grew up near Peggy's cove and there are still relatives living there -- Vera enjoyed seeing your photos.

12. My pleasure, Bob. As Merlin points out, it must look pretty much the same since Vera last was there. I think that is the charm of the place.

Unfortunately there is a large paved parking lot and restaurant near the lighthouse, and the tour buses were pretty thick in the afternoon disgorging hordes of tourists. But it was very quiet early the next morning.

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I love these, Jim. It looks like a place I should visit someday!!

14. Definitely my kind of place. Nicely photographed Jim.

15. Excellent photos. Every time I have been there I was fogged in.

16. Thanks, folks. If you go, I can recommend a place to stay, and there aren't many in Peggy's Cove. The third and fourth pictures were made from the veranda of our B&B room.

_D755546.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  17. I love these little working villages, and the foggy one (4) is my favorite - peaceful and isolating.

18. Very nice set of photos, and getting the lighthouse free of people was very well done (early morning with the fog adds to the shot as well in my opinion).

19. Thanks, Nick. I just added a picture to my post just above yours, with you in mind.

20. Thanks, Stephen.