Pelican Cases - replacement foam?

Anyone know a good source for replacing the pick n pluck foam for Pelican cases? I've just found myself in possession of a 1600 case but need to replace the foam inside so that it'll fit my camera gear :)

I'm currently watching a couple auctions on ebay....

After having a Peli with foam, I'd recommend replacing it with the padded dividers. I HATE the foam. Personal opinion, though. B&H sells both...

Instead of the foam consider a set of padded dividers #1605
The dividers are put together with velcro so it's easy to change as your equipment does.
B&H has it for $99

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Also consider a lid organizer #1609

If you want the Pick n Pluck foam it sells for $54

I have been thinking of getting the dividers.
Silly expensive in Canada though and shipping from B&H/Adorama etc. makes it pretty costly also.
I should try to pick up a set when on business South of the border...

wow yeah dividers are crazy expensive

so much for this being a 'free' case hehe

hmm at least you've given me some stuff to think about so far

The foam is easy enough to pick up at larger camera shops. With an older, cheaper case (back in my school days when money was more scarce) I made to with foam meant for seat cushions. Amazingly enough, the cushion foam seems to outlast the foam which is used in cases.
I like the dividers as well, but they don't keep the items very stationary, and I've sometimes found that during traveling there can be enough motion for things like filter cases to come open.

I have a Pelican 1500 case that came with PNP foam. After a few years I opted for the dividers and am wondering why I took so long to do it. They're much more versatile and hold my gear securely, though not as secure as the foam. I can also store more gear with the dividers. My $.02.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom