Pelican Cases

Hey can someone recommend a case size for me. I'm looking to house my lighting kit. I want a case that will hold 2 B800 Alienbee light heads with reflector, 1 B400 with reflector, the Vagabond Mini and all the lighting cords.

I have no where local that sells these cases, and was hoping someone here can help me out. OR, suggest a different brand of hard case for my lights. Matybe even a cheaper solution, but DEFINITELY a lightweight, hard case.

Thanx in advance.

Here's the one I'm thinking of getting, ( EXPENSIVE), not sure if it'll hold everything.

I've been using a small Pelican case for years with the dividers to store lenses and extras and it's worked very well for me, but I wouldn't call it light. Very sturdy, waterproof and durable but not light. I use a Lightware case for my Dynalite power pack and heads, lighter, but not as rugged.

The Pelican website lists all the dimensions, so I'd just carefully measure.

http://www.pelican.com/

One word of caution is not all pelican cases are waterproof. I use to think that just because it was a pelican case that meant it was waterproof. I was suprised when I found out I was incorrect so check the case specs if that is important to you.

Agree with pictureted

I have a Pelican 1514 and love it for its intended purpose, but it definitely isn't what I would call lightweight.

Using a 1510 to store my 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 VR, 200-400VR, when not in use. Considering getting another 1510 to store my primes.

I also have a Hardigg Storm IM2500 CS which is basically the same thing. I will say I like the latches on the Hardigg a little more. I use this without any inserts to store all my small lighting grip gear and clamps.

GenoP

Using a 1510 to store my 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 VR, 200-400VR, when not in use. Considering getting another 1510 to store my primes.

I also have a Hardigg Storm IM2500 CS which is basically the same thing. I will say I like the latches on the Hardigg a little more. I use this without any inserts to store all my small lighting grip gear and clamps.

GenoP
Thanx for that info Geno!!

What are you using it to hold? Which model do you have?
Using it to store a D700, 24-70, 70-200, a couple flash units, and a couple older lenses.

My understanding is that the 1514 designation is the 1510 case w/padded dividers, as opposed to foam. In any event, it is also sized so that it can be used as a carry-on for domestic air travel.

Using it to store a D700, 24-70, 70-200, a couple flash units, and a couple older lenses.

My understanding is that the 1514 designation is the 1510 case w/padded dividers, as opposed to foam. In any event, it is also sized so that it can be used as a carry-on for domestic air travel.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom