1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pelicans are brave little guys...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Globetrotter, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Globetrotter

Globetrotter

May 4, 2008
    SoCal
    So there I was down at the beach before the 4th of July fireworks were about to go off. I see a little boat on the dock and thought it'd make for a cool pic. As I'm walking down the dock this little bugger comes out of nowhere. He just happens to frame himself in a neat spot for my shot so I figure I better start snapping away. The coolest part was that he didn't even flinch as I approached him. Anywho, here they are...

325931029_8wxFx-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

325931093_Vewta-XL.jpg

325931361_fSgM8-XL.jpg

325931723_xPEVL-XL.jpg

2. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    I like brown pelicans... The ones that dive bomb. Talk about brave... :) 

2544554024_c3c362244c_b.jpg

3. that last shot is a big WOW for sure

4. I hope to get a few pelican shots next week. Love the dive shots.

5. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    I guess you guys are referring to my shot and not the OP's? Hehe. If you are, thank you. It was captured at the pier in Santa Barbara. :) 

This is what it looks like when they hit the water! I need to go back and spend more time there to get more shots... Was just part of a longer trip down there so didn't have too much time to snap shots of them dive bombing.

2543730947_398cf0b042_b.jpg

6. i was and just realized it
    shame on you for stealing his thread :smile:

7. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    Yeah sorry didn't mean to do that. Sorry to the OP. I like your shots, but they look a little underexposed to me? And the last shot, not sure why you focused on the boat? You need to rotate the photo a tad too.

Thanks for sharing. :) 

8. Globetrotter

Globetrotter

May 4, 2008
    SoCal
    haha...it's all good. I like your shots better than mine anyway. :biggrin:

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't thinking when I shot the boat and thought I had the bird in focus. Snapped away without even checking. Oh well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.