Pelicans at the Port

As a tribute to Dao, here's a pelican landing series.

Dao offered to treat Gale and me to lunch if we'd take him to see some pelicans. So we headed off to the Port and had a great seafood lunch!

After we were finished, we walked down to a floating pier to shoot some pelicans. I switched over to Gale's 70-200VR and we started shooting. Dao was lusting over the D2X and was commenting on the "sweet sound" of 8fps. I was only shooting at about 6, so I switched to CH and rattled off a number of shots. He was in bliss! ;)

Here's the results of one sequence (only posting 6 of the 12 or so I took)
080905Pelican1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

080905Pelican2.jpg

080905Pelican3.jpg

080905Pelican4.jpg

080905Pelican5.jpg

080905Pelican6.jpg

Nice Kev. Looks like you guys had a great day all around.

I can't wait to get back down there. You company doesn't need any .net programmers do they?? :lol:

Flew said:
Nice Kev. Looks like you guys had a great day all around.

I can't wait to get back down there. You company doesn't need any .net programmers do they?? :lol:

Of course they do!! They're looking for some now, actually. :)

Can't wait for you to come back down. It's always fun shooting with you. We did have a great day and Dao is so much fun. We laughed all day long!

Thanks guys! Gale, glad you liked these pelis since you said my last ones sucked. Well you didn't say suck.... ;)

Jay, when I was going through the shots one at a time, I thought the same thing. Then the one almost looked like I cut and pasted the bird in. Was kinda weird. I enjoyed my time shooting the pelicans with Gale and Dao. It was lots of fun.

B

bfjr

Peli are fun to shoot and these make me want to go out and do it again :)

Great sequence, but I'm confused about the FPS

Were you shooting these in HSC mode? I thought the D2X only did 5 FPS in full frame mode, and 7 or 8? FPS in HSC ode.

Hi Steve. Generally I only shot in HSC mode when I'm shooting birds and stuff like that while "full frame" is for studio stuff. I have always had my cam set at CL which is either 5 or 6 fps in HSC. To tease Dao, I switched to CH which is 8 fps in HSC.

Latest threads

Top Bottom