Pelicans.......

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Jun 25, 2005.

1. brought my gear to do one of those lunch shoots, like I have ever done that before, but Rory got me going. LOL...................ok it didnt happen , but I did bring my gear to work, finished the day, went home again, ate supper then went out. Poor lighting with overcast, tough slugging with low shutter speeds, all taken with 400mm + 1.4tc and ALL seriously cropped. Somedays you just got to take what they give you!! :lol:

American White Pelicans are rare up here, can count on one hand how many we see each year, so this was kind of cool. Will try again tomorrow if weather permitting and see if I can get closer or see if they actually do fly. They are quite the fisherman in how they heard fish........

original.

original.

These commerants too are very rare, been trying for 2 weeks to get a flight shot within 100 yards, but to no avail. Sitting on nest and not leaving!!

original.

2. I like the first one a lot.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

I like all of them. Getting good shots in less than perfect conditions is what it's all about, and you certainly did with these.

4. Very nicely done, Keith! I'm still waiting to get some good pelican shots myself. Just not enough time in the day. ;)

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    White Pelicans up in Canada. hummmm Boy they are everywhere.

Good captures Keith.

Well done.

6. Beautiful shots. I have never seen the white ones before. The light is great. Thanks for sharing.

7. Hi there........

Thanks Gilles for looking...........I like number 2, printed out very nicely.

Keith

8. As usual

Frank you are too kind, will try and give this another go today...........
    thanks
    Keith

9. I hear yeah............

This was just a fluke as we never have them around here, must have got lost. LOL

Keith

10. Hi Gale

Thats the funny thing, they are never where we live, so it was kind of cool! thanks for peeking

11. Hi James

Never seen white ones before??? what other colors do they come in .LOL, sorry no idea, thought that was all they come in. Usually you see them with the big mandibles on the beaks, but my birdy book sez they loose them through the mating season.............kind of cool

thanks for looking
    Keith

12. They are all nice but that first pelican shot is special. The dark background really makes the bird pop. Exposure is right on.

13. Good afternoon

Thanks Gordon, went back today, and all gone, urghhhhhhhhhhhh and now it is raining. Our weather the past 3 weeks has been pathetic, hoping for a nice summer now :roll: