Pemiquid Lighthouse Maine

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Eyekonic, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Eyekonic

Eyekonic

Feb 25, 2008
    SouthCarolina
    Here are few images of the Pemiquid Light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. One of my favorite lighthouses in all of Maine. My favorite of your three is the one in the mist. Nice feel.

Most folks shoot the lighthouse up from the bottom of the rocks displaying the reflecting pool. I have a shot from that vantage point. I'll try to track it down and post it.

Did you get to Portland Head and Bass Light? Two of my (and everyone elses) other favorites.

3. Lovely!!! I agree, the mist shot is my favorite. I was there two years ago and got up at dawn to shoot the sunrise.

4. Eyekonic

Eyekonic

Feb 25, 2008
    SouthCarolina
    Hi Rick,

I did get to visit the Portland Light too!!

[​IMG]

5. Wow, that light seems to have a magical quality to it, almost like a hidden glow! Very nice!!

We're going to be staying in Bass Harbor, I'm looking forward to shooting its lighthouse.

6. It is tough to get a good angle to shoot bass light. You are on the bottom looking up and the ligthouse does not jut out that far to nails it well. you need to research the light and nail the shot.

By the way, if you want more lighthouses, be sure to see on Nubble ligtht near York and then, if you have the time, drive to the end of Maine and observe Quoddy light and then cross into Campabello, New Brunswick to see the majestic lighthouse on the New Brunswick coast at campobello. On the way - a must stop is to see the puffins on Machias Seal Island. Barna Jones and his son run tours to the island in his boat. After about an hour, you step onto this tiny island that has something like 2000 puffins in residence. If you are fit, you climb from the boat up to the tral and set up in blinds on the site. If you cna't get dozens of keepers shooting from these lean too's, you ought to change hobbys. I treking in with lots of long glass and got most of keepers using my 28-70 and my 70-200.

7. i love lighthouses
    that 3rd image is my favorite

well done