Pennsylvania Renasaince Faire

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by DAVE VAN, Aug 28, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire

David an I made a trek to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire a few weeks ago. It was an extremely hot day and almost unbearable in the sun I was amazed at the people in full costume. I don't know how they endured the heat. Here are a few samples to give you a flavor of the fair. All photos were taken with a D2h and Nikkor 80-400 VR.

original.

View attachment 14613

View attachment 14614

View attachment 14615

View attachment 14616

View attachment 14617

View attachment 14618

View attachment 14619

Thanks for looking and all comments are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2005
  2. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Dave I like these very much
    Very natural realistic captures,love the looks of that last lady

3. Great series I have attended in the past is is a lot of fun, the heat can have a dampenign effect though I was there once under simialr condtiosn and it was hard to ejoy, you are right I dont know how they can perform in the costumes they wear.

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Cool ,
    I agree with Hans , the fairy or elf or whatever she is, is intresting. All these reenacters etc.. must really love what they do to do it in the heat like they do.

THe town fool is intresting too.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice series, Dave. I like how you cropped the characters tightly. Thier costumes are very colorful and make for some good photography. Great job.

6. Great series Dave

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Cool fair, Dave! Excellent job of the pics. Betcha in spit of the heat, little David still enjoyed it, and sure got an eyefull of action & fun! On the last 2, I might suggest you burn that bright yellow line down a bit, so it's not quite so distracting.

8. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I think she was flirting with me! :Shy:
    (Or she liked the 80-400)
    Thanks for the comments.

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I've always wanted to go to one of those Rennaisance fairs. Looks like lots of fun....(except for the heat). My favorite shot was the couple covered in mud w/the rotten teeth! lol :eek:

10. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Dave,

The pictures are great. Wonderful costumes. A pitty it was so hot, as it looks like real fun.

11. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the comments Steve. I agree now looking at the images. I also find the yellow to be distracting. I'll have to tone that down a bit.

12. Mud wrestling, that's my kind of Renaissance Faire. Nice colorful image you have here Dave, way to go.