Pensacola, FL Web Cam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhotoByMark, Jul 10, 2005.

1. My brother just sent me this link to the web cam on Pensacola Beach - He lives about 20 miles inland at Pensacola, FL. Dennis is expected to come ashore later this afternoon. 145 mil sustained winds this thing is huge and dangerous.

I just talked to him and just rain and 40 mph winds right now.

Pensacola Beach Web Cam

Here is what it looks like close-up (from 2003)
    24904681_135b4843e0_o.
    24904649_4c8376da2f_o.

2. Dennis has really become rather frightening. To many, 145 mph winds is just a number. Last year with Charlie, we had 105mph winds as the eye passed over us. The damage caused by Charlie was incredible and I personally know people who are still not back in their homes because of its damage. I can't imagine how much worse Dennis is really going to be. I hope they're all in shelters and hunkered down or evacuated. I would not want to be there when this comes ashore.

3. Nope-They are at their house. Last year (forget the name) but, 135 mi sustained winds and their house did quite well except for the roof. He is now a little concerned because it now has turned a little more to the north and headed right at them.

Tried to convince him and family to leave and come here (Texas) until it is over but, they choose to stay.

This is the 3rd storm to hit Pensacola this year I believe. And here in Central Texas I can not get one little tiny raindrop to fall.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mark,
    That was a pretty bad storm. Please let us know how he came through it. Hoping all is well.

Thanks for letting us know.

5. I spoke with him each hour while the storm was approaching and passing through Pensacola. There was a couple times he would says things "Woah" or "OH My" and the last time a 70 foot oak tree on the side of his house fell down. Luckily not on the house. So all is well and very little damage other than the big tree falling. Until power went out he was sending me avi's everyhour.

Now, we need to focus on all our friends just north of Florida as the things tend to create lots of flooding was they move inland.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mark,

thanks for up-date. Glad all is well for your brother. Hope others of the forum affected by the storm come in and let us know how they are doing.