People, I GOT MY GREAT GREY OWL ... (For Janet Zinn)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Boobie Joe, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Pictures are far from perfect but I really enjoyed running after him with 50 pounds of equipment on my back and in my hands in a rather sloped terrain ...

2 quick shots I did and a lot more to come ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will add more later for sure, processing (they need a lot of it, soem taken at ISO 1000)

2. Great shots BJ! You should shoot with Frank, he goes wading after birds in waist deep water.

Guerrilla photography! Yeah, thats it.

Awesome shots, I'm jealous.

3. Success

Great job what a magnificent looking bird, now where is the picture of you humping through the woods with your backpack on that is the one I want to see

4. Re: Success

I fell down a few times too ...

5. HI BJ,

You found them. Great captures. I was luckier because Saturday was sunny but damn smog. The colors were washed out.

Slopped ground, soft snow undier thin ice cap, everything to tire you up :)

Cheers.

6. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Really nice captures Yves! very impressive. Janet is gonna drool when she sees these. :)
    regards

7. To say I'm impressed would be a gross understatement. Wonderful images with lots of detail, good color, and presented beautifully.

8. Oh yeah, way to go Yves!!! I knew you'd get some amazing shots! Wow, looks like you were right on top of him.

Yeah, I'm drooling :D

Were these on Ile Bizard?

9. Here is another one ...

[​IMG]

10. NOT FROM ILE BIZARD

I got those in Laval (10 minutes from home) Boisé Papineau.

11. Well, looks like a productive weekend for you and Dao, congratulations. Personally, my favorite so far is "Another One", just something about that tilted head expression.

How about doing me a favor and sending some of those birds down our way? I can do without the slippery slopes however :lol: .

Super job, fun conditions.....

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Owls

Yves,

Absolutely awesome photos and birds. WOW

Cheers
    Gale

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Owls

Yves,

Absolutely awesome photos and birds. WOW

Cheers
    Gale

14. Fantastic pictures Yves. It looks like you were right on top of the owl. Thanks for sharing.

--Ed--

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Yeah, right Yves. :roll: Maybe for you they aren't perfect, but I would think that I'd died and gone to heaven if I came home with shots like these.... :lol: :lol:

Awesome Mon Ami. :wink:

Frank

16. Yves, hopefully these shots are adequate compensation for lugging all the gear around... they are simply fantastic!

I agree with Bill - my favorite is "another one". The character that shows through in that shot is chock full of attitude.

17. Sheesh, there must be so many GGO's that you are tripping over them :lol: Everywhere I turn folks are showing these fantastic shots. It seems like every third post on nature scapes is a GGO!

All kidding aside, those are great captures Yves - well done and thanks for sharing them with us. I'm guessing you have a few more - right?

18. Thx Rory ...

I do have quite a bit more. I did get a few in flight but unusable IMO.

Funny thing, this GGO, is not affraid of humans at all, if anything, they will confront you. A few times it plunged towards me to push me away. It is a very lovely bird to see flying. Almost like poetry ...