People I Know #....huh....14??

Discussion in 'People' started by Ottrott's Human, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    I have no clue what number I am up to in this series, but we'll call it 14....sounds close enough.
    Not a super great shot technically, but a quick capture of my friend Peter who has been Sheryl Crow's guitarist for the past 7 or so years.
    He was home visiting his family and taking a break from the road before going back in to the studio. It was nice that he stopped by the shop today for a visit......I love my job! :smile:
    An extremely talented guy who exudes a wonderful, down home and low-key warmth without even the subtlest hint of rock star ego:

571859660_2361af351a_o.

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I love the warm tones of this image. I've seen Peter play live, and as you said, he is extremely talented.

BTW, it's nice to see a post from you my friend. :smile:

3. Stu, you know the most interesting people! Great to see a post in this series...

Nice light...sure it could be a little sharper, but it is a great capture of a moment in time...well done.

4. I wouldn't know Sheryl Crow from the Counting Crows, but that guy looks interesting and that's a very good picture!

5. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Woody, please let me introduce you to Sheryl Crow. She is beautiful and so very talented. Not like Brittney Spears talented - she is a true artist.

BTW check out the image in her gallery where she's sitting at the diner counter - very cool shot.

6. Guitars and Cameras....how much more fun can life be?
    Nice Shot Stu.

Tim

7. That's really cool Stu! Neat shot too :smile:

8. Love the shot Stuart. As for Sheryl Crow, she is a talent for sure.

9. I'm familiar with Sheryl Crow, I just wanted to get some action going on this thread :wink:

But thanks for the link anyway... she does clean up nice doesn't she?

10. jasonlawton

jasonlawton Guest

How cool, i've been looking for your shots recently, nice to see another post.

I remember this article www.journey.wsj.com I think posted on this forum showing a photographer working with of Sheryl Crow for the Wall Street Journal which was really interesting to watch.

Jason:wink:

11. Hey Stuart, nice shot of a very good musician - there is something that kinda bothers me with the eyes though, I can't quite make what it is: OOF maybe or a little motion blur more likely - or, he has pretty strange eyes maybe as well... :wink: thanks for sharing Stu, very nice job!

12. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I was going to say, your town can't be that small. :biggrin:

13. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks guys! I wasn't too surprised when this post slipped to page two with only one comment, but it was a nice surprise to see it revived.

Yes......Peter's eyes are definitely OOF. I sharpened them the best I could in PP, but I just wasn't able to nail the shot. I was trying not to make Peter feel too uncomfortable and so I just clicked off a few quickly and he never stopped moving.

You should see the others!!! This wis actually the most in-focus one I have:biggrin: I doubt I'll be getting a gig as a PJ anytime soon.

When musicians like Peter come in to my shop it's important to not make too big of a deal about it. They usually prefer to be treated like everyone else so whipping out the camera is actually kind of a no-no....akin to asking for an autograph. I did it in this case because I actually know him pretty well and figured he wouldn't mind too much.

Thanks for the comments!

14. Stuart, glad to see you getting back to this series. This is a wonderful shot. I like the off balance framing and who cares if it's slightly oof. This image works really well!

15. Stu, you know I loved that series of images. In my lowly opinion, some of your most honest and interesting work you have done.

This brings back some cool memories from last year my friend.
    I hope you and the family are cool!

Ben and Jake say Hi to Sam and Anna too! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

G