People in Vilnius, Lithuania

Discussion in 'People' started by vieri, May 28, 2007.

1. I have been to Vilnius, Lithuania last week and managed to get some photos of the city as well; the historical center of Vilnius is the largest north of the Alps, and very well preserved and restored too. Still, one can see some beggars, like the young guy on the church's doorstep, and there is still work to be done on more buildings and streets, but Vilnius is a very beautiful city and a very enjoyable one too! :biggrin:

- people in the streets:

- painting in the University's church

- two postcards

- and a wall...

all with the Leica M8, lens were the 15mm CV, 25 - 35 - 50 Zeiss. C&C as always most welcome!
  2. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place. Never been there. Now I'll consider visiting.
  3. Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Beautiful pictures...can you tell me how you put that black border on the pics? I'm sure you probably did it in Photoshop. I'd love to know. Please.
  4. a wonderful series Vieri
  5. How fun to share your visit to Lithuania. Well takes series of pictures.
  6. satelite seven

satelite seven

May 14, 2006
    Wow Vieri I havn't seen much of your work for a while, you have gone from strength to strength my friend!!!!
  7. Beautiful photos. I'll have to show these to my husband and mother-in-law. My husband's maternal grandparents came to North America from Vilnius when their daughter (my mother-in-law) was a child. My mother-in-law used to go back to visit every few years, but it's been awhile since she last made the trip. The city looks far different from what I'd imagined.
  8. Thank you Alex, you should if you have a chance - very beautiful place.

First of all, thank you very much - I am glad you enjoyed! About the border, I do it in PSCS2 as follows:
    - flatten whatever layers you have opened;
    - resize to a suitable web size, minus the space you'll leave for the frame (mine is around 50 px);
    - sharpen for the web if so you wish;
    - duplicate what layer you get;
    - select all in the duplicate layer;
    - delete;
    - go to "canvas" and make size as big as you like (size + 50, size + 70, something around those lines);
    - fill it with whichever color you like;
    - select the layer with the actual image, and in the options add border or the like if so you wish;
    - add writings if you want to;
    - flatten again;
    - convert to 8bit;
    - save for the web
    - you're done!

you can put all this together in an action, that would make it much faster and automatic...

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can be of more help... :biggrin:

Thank you Dave! I am glad you enjoyed :biggrin:

Thank you Gordon, much appreciated! :smile:

Thank you very much, Patrick! Yep, I have been (and am still) busy with work and organizing a marriage (mine... :wink:) so I didn't post much lately... I will try and be more active in the future!

Hey Sommer, thank you for your comment! I hope they will find the pics interesting, let me know what they think of the changes in the city... :wink: thanks again! :biggrin:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2007
  9. Hey Vieri...... how are you my friend? Had a little trouble with my internet connection for the last few days so missed this post!

Now all I can see is red x's............... :frown::frown::frown:

10. Hey Graeme, I just saw your reply as well - sorry! :redface: looks like we were both late :wink: I thin kyou should be able to see the pics, I know I do - let me know if they re-appeared or if they are still missing in action... :smile: hope all is going well with you my friend! :biggrin:
  11. Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    I always look forward to seeing your shots. These are great. I really like the black and whites that you do. I think they add something to the pics that make them stand out.
  12. TonyC

TonyC Guest

Fantastic photos.
  13. Thank you very much Mike, your comments are as always very much appreciated - I am glad you enjoyed the BWs! :biggrin:

Thank you very much Jimmy! :biggrin:
  14. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

beautiful pics...
  15. Thank you Maurice, I am glad you enjoyed them :biggrin: