Pepper outtakes ...

Discussion in 'People' started by Chris101, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I got excited when NB23 announced the Study of a Pepper challenge. Edward Weston did the penultimate sensually anthropomorphised pepper though, decades ago, so I couldn't compete with that! Looking at NB's examples and the entries so far, I needed to find something in a different direction. But what?

... An idea hatched ... but who do I know that can pull it off? I know! My business partner and ex-friend can sure talk a good game and I'll bet she's got the cojones to pull it off...
    [​IMG]

But that isn't quite the image I had in mind.
    So we explored the nature of the relationship between a woman and a pepper ...

[​IMG]

Hmmm. The concept definately needs some work - what is the nature of a pepper that a woman - indeed any human - needs to relate to? How to Study a Pepper? A pepper is hot, and obviously my model (and ex-friend) is too. But how does the pepper fit in ... Hmmmm.

A pepper relates to the tongue! It reacts to and reacts with the tongue, indeed the whole mouth get involved with a good, hot, pepper, as my ex-friend shows here:
    [​IMG]

Ok, now we're getting somewhere - the shape and color of that habanero was a perfect contrast to her tongue - look at it, they're twins separated at birth! I told my ex-friend to 'get friendly' with the vegetable, and soon the challenge image was inevitable:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?p=616886#post616886

Playing with the pepper became just too natural for my former friend and model, though. Watching her "relate" to got me completely distracted, I just kept shooting and shooting .. so, understand me when I say, I really wasn't paying attention when my ex-friend asked,
    "How do these peppers taste? They look good!"

I didn't think about the consequences.

... I was just reacting to the scene in the view finder:

[​IMG]

I mean you can relate, right?

I was not thinking of capsacien concentration, or common chemical sensitivity or any of that stuff.

I was just reacting when I replied ...

"Sweet!"

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Hah! Great stuff.

Note I did not try the unidentified peppers my wife picked up for me to shoot.

I did do some surgery on them for lighting, etc. and one of the red ones left me with a burning ear! Yep!

3. You're making me laugh, Chris...Have you thought how many of the rest of us have been wrestling with the same thing, but not so poignantly. GREAT story and pics! Where's you find that great old Nash?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. This is simply great :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

5. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    What a way to explore peppers! It's hot. And right on!

6. ROFLMAO !
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: !

...one of the funniest thread i read for Aaaaaaaages !!!

Congrats !
    J-P.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. Fun shots Chris. When I was doing my Pepper Image I had cut open one of the peppers and took the seeds out and then shortly thereafter I touched my eye. Not too smart and it would have made a good picture to see me washing out my eye with water. Ouch. Looks kind of like the last shot of your friend:eek: :smile:

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow! Thanks y'all!

I had a hard time deciding on which photo to use for the contest, so I decided to show them all. Oh, and I heard from Heather just a minute ago, and she's on her way here to see what the commotion is all about. I think she forgave me.

Beezle: If you do decide to try the peppers, start with small bites, and be prepared to cry.

Virginia: The Nash was parked next to a building with an ad printed on it's door pannel. I photoshopped it off.

Phil Heiko and J_P: Thanks again! Your comments let me know I'm on the right track - maybe I can combine photography with comedy afterall!

Paul: Her toungue is just naturally shaped like that - I did not notice it until looking at the photos on the computer. I was amazed!

Gordon: The cardinal rule of pepper cutting is Don't touch your face!!! Now you know it too. :wink: (My first experience with habanero peppers is a very sad and painful story. The burn lasted at least 3 days. I would have thought the nitrile gloves I was using to handle it would have been a give-away... :rolleyes: )

10. That's a good one! :biggrin: