Perched Bald Eagle

Shot hand held with D500 and Nikon 200-500mm

DSC_5250_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_5353_DxO.jpg

DSC_5371_DxO-1.jpg

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Great series and wonderful pictures, cybertec.
It seems you've got the same problem as I have shooting birds - the light comes from the wrong side...
I like the last picture where he focus you.

Regards
Klaus

Real Name
Dan
Eagles are always good subject matter. Looks like it was a bit windy. A bit of processing to pull out shadow detail would make a big difference particularly by making the eyes visible in the first and third shots.

Eagles are always good subject matter. Looks like it was a bit windy. A bit of processing to pull out shadow detail would make a big difference particularly by making the eyes visible in the first and third shots.
I already did PP to pull out the shadows, any more and the highlights head south. As you can see the sun was hitting the bird on it's left side, late in the day during sunset. And yes it was a windy day.

I already did PP to pull out the shadows, any more and the highlights head south. As you can see the sun was hitting the bird on it's left side, late in the day during sunset. And yes it was a windy day.
Do you use Lightroom? If so you can draw a radial around the main subject and adjust shadows and highlights without impacting on the rest of the image.

One more, same bird different location.

DSC_4558_DxO-1.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom