Peregrine Falcon

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Jan 2, 2006.

1. I think this is a Peregrine Falcon, maybe someone could confirm this for me. The image is pretty soft and I definitely didn't nail the exposure, but I was shooting up toward a very over cloudly sky from a car window. That's my lame excuses.

[​IMG]

Louie

2. well you got him dint you???? Really something to be proud of regardless. I notice he is banded.
    Dave

3. I was kind of surprised when I actually looked closer at this image and identified it as a Peregrine Falcon, if indeed it is. I think I'll email this to the local Audubon Society to let them know what I spotted a banded bird, and they surely can confirm the identity.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great going Louis,
    Peregrins are not an easy bird to find...

Good job.
    Audubon should be thrilled.

Go back and see if you see him again.

5. Thanks Gale, I was quite surprised to see this one and really wasn't sure of its identity until after reviewing the shot.

Still wishing I could make the MI3 trip, I'm sure there's going to be some superb postings after that outing.

Louie

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Good catch Louie. :smile:

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Louie

Definitely a peregrine and a mature adult as well...evidenced by the colors.

Nice going :)

8. Nice shot you have to make no excuses for thsi shot at all

9. Great catch Louie. Sorry the weather was so bad yesterday, I just stayed home. Should have gone out with Chip it looks like. Hope you had a great time on the coast.

10. Thanks Jim, this is a first for me in spotting this falcon.

11. Thanks Jim. The weather was pretty crumy down there but I managed to find a few interesting subjects. If it stops raining lets get out.

12. Thanks Frank, wish I could have gotten a different angle on it.