1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Peregrines at the Falls

Discussion in 'Birds' started by raymond j barlow, Jul 5, 2008.

1. I spent some time this week at Niagara Falls , shooting a family of peregrines, what an amazing site! Thanks to my friends Brandon Holden, and Karl egressy for the help getting started!

here are a few...

DSC_1224w.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/7.1    1/200s    ISO 200

DSC_1447w.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/1600s    ISO 250

DSC_2275w.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/800s    ISO 320

DSC_2279w.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/400s    ISO 320

DSC_2181wnsn.

DSC_2397w.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/3200s    ISO 320

View attachment 222449

lots more on the website, take care!

p.s... I am planing a flight shot workshop in the Niagara Falls NY area for the fall 2008., a falconer will have several birds flying without tether, including a Golden Eagle., more info on my workshop page later this week, first come, first serve, maximum 10 participants.

2. A stunning set of shots Raymond.

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    very unique and interesting shots, with a different type of nature than one associates from there!

Well done, crisp flight shots too.

4. Oh how beautiful! These are some of the most beautiful shots I've ever seen! I love the backgrounds, the color, the action, EVERYTHING about em! Fantastic shootin!

5. Fantastic shots! The combination of these spectacular birds and the wonderful scenery is a severe test of technique: but no-one would know by looking at these photos. They take my breath away, make me so jealous and give me vertigo at the same time!

Alan

6. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Stunning shots, thanks for sharing.

7. I passed the laptop to my wife - all either of us can say is "WOW".

Thanks for sharing these great photos!

8. Stunning shots, Very well done.

9. Very Nice Set Ray, Well done!! I'm sure you will fill your workshop!!

10. Nice shooting Ray. Sweet series of a very cool bird. Still have not had the good fortune to find one of these guys.

11. Fantastic Ray, your best for sure! I'm so envious!

12. Thanks Louie!

thank you Commodorefirst.. a million pictures a day of that place, from people all over the world., and none of them know the falcons are there... go figure!

Wow! thanks!!

Thans Alan.. you can imagine the vertigo I felt hanging over the railing, with police yelling at me!

thank you!

My pleasure, and thank you.

Thanks Warren.

Thanks very much Gary!

Thanks Mike, come north for a visit, I will show you around., I am sure the guys would love to have you up here.

Thanks Andreas... please get on a plane heading east., it would be good to have your company while standing around waiting for the action.

take care everyone.

13. superb Ray, as always

14. Excellent raymond,

I never saw any falcons when I was at the falls...and I went twice.

15. Beautiful series, Ray. Great action and color. Good luck with the workshop!

16. thanks buddy, wish you were over here, so I could hook you up!

17. Hi shawglen., thanks! and when did you go?

Thanks very much David.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.