1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Peregrines Part 2

Discussion in 'Birds' started by raymond j barlow, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Well, 5 different days at the Falls, a few images, lots of sun, and way too many people asking me to take their picture!

Also, the first Raptor Flight workshop booked solid in 2 days, so a second will be planned soon, possibly early November., if anyone has any interest, please keep an eye on my workshop page, and email me if you want on the list.

New workshop plans are happening every day ( I have too much free time), so an email list for workshop info has been created., I will Bcc everyone on that list first, before I announce new plans on the website. so sign in for that if you want first crack at the info.

Ok, enough promo stuff. on with the images...

DSC_1463w.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/1250s    ISO 250

DSC_3508.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/2000s    ISO 250

DSC_2196.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    ISO 320

DSC_2562w.
    NIKON D300    ---    200mm    f/4.0    1/160s    ISO 250

DSC_2626w.
    NIKON D300    ---    200mm    f/6.3    1/80s    ISO 400

DSC_2667.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/2000s    ISO 320

thanks for looking, and take good care.

2. exciting, beautiful, and incredible work all at the same time!
    congrats Ray.
    Kevin P.

3. gillesk

gillesk

Dec 31, 2007
    Alberta -Canada
    Hi Ray,
    Wow!!
    These are amazing.
    Congrats on the images and the workshop success.
    Well done.
    Best regards.

4. Excellent again, Ray. Isn't it funny how their breast feathers blow around when they are perched in a windy place. How excited were you when you got that close to the young bird?

Alan

5. Another Truely Outstanding Set Ray With the last shot being Top Drawer Material!!!

6. Ohh so nice, I have been wating for part two, congratulatiosn on the workshop success, makes me think....

7. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Wow - these are very good - brava!

8. thanks everyone for the nice comments., it has been a lot of effort, a lot of crowded shooting, people asking questions, wows over the lens, "take my picture please", on and on... but having my images appreciated make it worth it.

thanks Allen... those feathers do look cool., indeed. I must admit, I do have a hard time enjoying the moment..

My enjoyment happens here, when I receive nice comments., at the moment... I am concentrating so hard on getting the shot., working the lens, and camera, and doing my best to get the image. ( I have bombed out in the past, so I do what I can to make sure I do not miss)

take care.

9. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    These are outstanding. I cant believe how many great photos you are getting.

10. Raymond, these are amazing shots. #5 is a terrific shot.

11. This is Way to good of a Posting to go to Page 2 with a Mear 9 Responses.

Come On Photogs we need to Give Feedback when we see Efforts like This!!

BUMP!!!!!

12. Ron S

Ron S Guest

Dang those are outstanding!!!! Got go look again, really enjoying these :) 

13. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    Awesome Shots,

These are one of my favorite birds of all time.

Thank you for sharing

14. thanks again everyone., and thanks Gary, very nice of you to bump me up there., but I do not worry about the number of comments, if I can share with a few, even lurkers, I am happy.

15. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Nice, Ray! Those are some of my favorite birds, love the little black wing-looking things on their faces.

Oh, and could you take my picture, please? :wink:

16. WOW!
    You set "lofty" goals for the rest of us! Hafta look for the peregrines next time I'm at the falls, tho I know I won't match those shots. Great stuff, like #1 and #4 especially.

17. Beautiful shots of one of my favorite birds - kudos!

18. Fantastic shots! Do you ever take "bad" photos? Keep up the great work.

19. thanks Al, Paul, and Lee.. it sure was a blast to see these awesome birds, and I appreciate the nice comments! keeps me going!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.